RC poster

How to make the stampede faster?

I am a new owner of a 4x4 stampede vxl. I bought the truck brand new along with a 5000mah 3s 20c dynamite lipo. I love the truck, been running it pretty hard on grass and asphalt and so far nothing has broke, but I need more. What can I do to make this truck faster? Motor/esc swap, 4s, gearing or ???? I know I will end up breaking stuff with more power but as things break, they will be replaced with stronger parts. I plan to use the truck on grass/asphalt and dirt. So what do you guys recommend to make a bad stampede? Give full detail on motor/esc/gearing/lipo etc.
    thanks guys!!

RC Champion
    if thats not fast enought for you on 3s, you need an XO-1!!

RC Qualifier
    I have the 2wd Stampede and alot of guys tell me to replace all bushings with bearings (which I will be doing soon). Have you done that ?
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Champion
    his truck is a VXL 4x4, his truck already has those options - but, yes, it will CERTAINLY make a difference if you are using bushings!!

RC poster
    I'm not talking about increasing the power a small amount. I want to see a difference. I'm ready to spend some bucks on a motor/esc/lipo change or ??? I just don't know which to get to make it bad.

There are many options available it really depends on how much of a boost in performance you are looking for. One of the most popular set ups for this truck is a MMP/2400kv motor set up run on either 3s or 4s lipo.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nosguy View Post
    I'm not talking about increasing the power a small amount. I want to see a difference. I'm ready to spend some bucks on a motor/esc/lipo change or ??? I just don't know which to get to make it bad.
    You mean good? just get a big motor and a castle mmp or MMM if you got the money

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    There are many options available it really depends on how much of a boost in performance you are looking for. One of the most popular set ups for this truck is a MMP/2400kv motor set up run on either 3s or 4s lipo.
    +1 Yup, that will make it "Bad"!

RC Qualifier
    if you want it faster get the castle 1415. if you want it uncontrollable get the mamba monster esc with 2200kv or 2650 kv motor

RC Qualifier
    MMM 2200 kv with 2-3S in series and you got one bad truck!
    Never trust a fart.

RC Racer
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

Just make sure the rest of the truck can handle the power or it will costs lots dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier

The RX8 2650 would be my first choice and the MMM 2650 the second. I run both. You can run 3 or 4s with either, you'll need to upgrade the driveshafts and wheel hexes. I would highly recommend going to 17mm hexes and wheels with this type of power but I have been ok with Badlands and the 12mm hexes running 3s with the MMM 2650...

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to change the subject but rastus what rim and tire do you have on that it looks awesome.oh and i have the 2400 and mmp in my pede 4x4 night and day difference 3 and 4s.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by madscrapper85 View Post
    Sorry to change the subject but rastus what rim and tire do you have on that it looks awesome.oh and i have the 2400 and mmp in my pede 4x4 night and day difference 3 and 4s.
    Those are RPM Revolver 17mm stablemaxx 3.2" rims (Emaxx) and 2.8 Imex Bajas.
    Thanks, they hook up pretty good and no issues with stripped hexes lol...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

MMM-2200

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post

MMM-2200
    What shocks are those?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    1/8 D8 buggy shocks