RC Champion

Nitro 2wd slash!

Check it out everybody!

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    awe, you beat me to the post!

how do you feel about this? I'm curious - since I own a slayer pro, I'm curious to see the reaction from the Racing community. Good idea to keep nitro alive

RC Champion
    I think its really cool. Can't wait to look for a good used one.

Makes some sense to get into there. There has to be more than the SC10GT in that market. nothing else comes to mind for me right now. not off the top of my head.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    If this is true I'm getting one of those chassis!

Wow! I they did come out with that, I would so get one. Maybe this is when they'll release a larger nitro engine with it, or, maybe a new gas engine!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    My buddy told me it was going to have a regular 3.3 in it.

I'd be interested to see if it is a new chassis. A Slayer is easily convertible to a 2wd with the removal of the front driveshaft.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Makes some sense to get into there. There has to be more than the SC10GT in that market. nothing else comes to mind for me right now. not off the top of my head.
    The SC10GT is the only one I can think of. And honestly, I think it's a real gamble (the nitro 2wd SCT class). For Associated, maybe not so much of a gamble since it's really just a smart way for them to get rid of all the leftover GT2 stock. But the whole 2wd nitro SCT thing may prove to be a big flop considering how 2wd gas ST died. On top of that, a nitro 2wd Slash will be yet another money pit if you want to compete against the SC10GT. For a basher maybe, but for a race vehicle, I think nitro is the wrong move and a Slash platform is too.

I don't see the chassis being anything ground breaking. As mentioned above it would make sense to RWD a Slayer and Call it a NitroSlash. After all, it is Traxxas so we know the 1/10 Scale is gonna be a big 1/10 scale

Will be curious to see if an addition to the class creates a bigger class out of things.

But then again looking at the rumor mill pic on BigSquid, it still looks to have the front kickup like on the Slash 2wd so maybe they did do a new chassis all together.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I don't see the chassis being anything ground breaking. As mentioned above it would make sense to RWD a Slayer and Call it a NitroSlash. After all, it is Traxxas so we know the 1/10 Scale is gonna be a big 1/10 scale

Will be curious to see if an addition to the class creates a bigger class out of things.

But then again looking at the rumor mill pic on BigSquid, it still looks to have the front kickup like on the Slash 2wd so maybe they did do a new chassis all together.
    I'm pretty sure that pic is an Electric Slash and BigSquid just photoshopped the TRX 3.3 logo and Nitro Slash logo into the pic.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

That's a definite possibility, now that you mention it

But they did have pictures of a helicopter traxxas was going to make before traxxas admitted they were taking to the air.
    Suppose anything is possible haha

RC Qualifier
    interesting indeed
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Champion
    That would be a big gamble and I doubt Traxxas will come out on the wining side if they decide to play. The nitro 2wds are not that popular and very few people even race nitro any more.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    If they do it, I'm almost willing to bet it will be a LWB Nitro Pede or Rusty.......maybe a Jato, But probably not.
    Aw, Biscuits!

Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    If they do it, I'm almost willing to bet it will be a LWB Nitro Pede or Rusty.......maybe a Jato, But probably not.
    That would be my guess to. A Nitro Rustler with extended chassis and possibly electric front end like the 2wd Slash. Would be the easiest route to go.

The Nitro Slash is now live on the Traxxas home page so it is no longer a rumor but fact. This thread is now moved from the alley to the Nitro Slash forum
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    So i'm kind of confused, isn't this just a 2wd Slayer? Or am I pulling a noob question here?

If you want to think of it that way. The chassis is different so it is a true 2wd and I don't see a way to modify it to 4x4.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha. Answers exactly what I wanted to know. Appreciate it. I see what you mean though, being a different chassis it doesn't really allow for any upgrade to become a true slayer or vice versa i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by c.greer View Post
    So i'm kind of confused, isn't this just a 2wd Slayer? Or am I pulling a noob question here?
    Not at all, the shocks set up is more conventional vertical affair compared to the lay down rocker style suspension on the Slayer.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    I didn't even think of that part of it. Thanks for answering the dumb question haha