RC poster

Stampede 4x4 with new low center of gravity LCG chassis?

Has anyone heard any news about from Traxxas about a possible release of the Stampede 4x4 with new low center of gravity LCG chassis?

I have searched the web and the forums without much luck.

Thanks in advance!

This is nothing but speculation of my own mind and no inside information from Traxxas. IF Traxxas was to release a shorter version of the LCG chassis it would likely be a new version of the Rustler or a Stadium Truck of some sort. The Stampede being a Monster Truck they tend to have a high COG so a low COG chassis would fit better with a Stadium Truck than a Monster Truck. Jut my thoughts.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    Agreed, but the Stampede 4x4 would not only handle better but it would also get stuck on large objects less frequently because the LCG flat bottom design could make it easier to "pivot" off the middle of the chassis forwards or backwards to regain traction.

Not to mention the fact that the center driveline dust / bearing problems would be minimized when compared to the the current layout making the truck even more "bashproof".

Finally, many people would likely upgrade the chassis or the whole truck itself which would benefit Traxxas from a profitability standpoint

I think it would make good business sense to release such an update.

I agree totally with dad. Traxxas will not release a lcg pede, but maybe a rustler 4x4 using a shorter version of the rally lcg chassis.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    Lcg chassis is meant for racing and happens to work well with rally cars. The slash is raced at tracks, the stampede is typically not raced so a lcg chassis doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. The number stampedes sold versus the number of people who would want an lcg is pretty low I imagine. I would like one though. Traxxas likes to maximize profits and keep production costs low. That is why there is a lot of cross compatibility. A stampede lcg chassis is not cross compatible with any other vehicle at this point.

RC Champion
    rusty 4x4 that would be sweet

RC Qualifier
    You can make a rusty 4x4 with a pede.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    You can make a rusty 4x4 with a pede.
    That is pretty much what I have done with my Pede 4x4,,,set it alongside my Rusty and the only thing that stands out is the front drive shafts and the bumper difference, they have the same Desert Rat body.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

A monster truck with a lcg would sort of defeat the object of what they are all about...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin1000 View Post
    Has anyone heard any news about from Traxxas about a possible release of the Stampede 4x4 with new low center of gravity LCG chassis?

I have searched the web and the forums without much luck.

Thanks in advance!

Actually Traxxas has made plans to sell one, buy they will not release it until they release the XO-1 super car with summit 7" Canyon AT tires and ultra low speed transmission.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Enthusiast
    if you wnat lcg just convert to a rally or slash with lcg. just a longer wheelbase as well...

RC poster
    I know the longer wheelbase will make it more stable and the new design should also improve the durability and maintenance of the center driveshaft and the servo linkage but I want to make sure that the truck will be just as fun and bashable as always...

RC Competitor
    Would the strc chassis bolt right onto a stampede without anything else being changed?
    Well besides the center driveshaft
    Last edited by tfleig17; 12-10-2012 at 03:34 AM.

RC poster
    Excellent questions.

I think the answer is yes but maybe someone else can chime in?

RC Competitor
    I hope. I'd like to get one honestly. I'd like a longer lower wider "pede" if I got the protrac kit to. Just don't need the monster truck as much as I use to

THen why dont you buy the new rally chassis and convert it into a lcg stampede man??...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Because I'd like it to be the size of a slash so it's alittle bigger then leave it the same size and the new strc kit looks killer honestly

RC Competitor
    Well ill probably just buy it anyway. I think it should work. There basically the same truck