RC Qualifier

Lightbulb What I need for make the .15 engine works in my #4907 3.3 T-Maxx?

The title says all...I know that engine is small and less powerful than the 3.3...This is just for know
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    that isn't something i'd advise its a stretch to get a 2.5 in there without putting to much strain on it. I know the old T-MAXX had a 2.5 in it and even it was no were near as big as the new 3.3 but i would recommend the lowest gearing you can stock gearing will most likely over heat the poor little thing. Just remember the old MAXX had a 2.5 and it wasn't much bigger than a stampede so the chances of a .15 working are slim........

Quote Originally Posted by screamsatchildren View Post
    that isn't something i'd advise its a stretch to get a 2.5 in there without putting to much strain on it. I know the old T-MAXX had a 2.5 in it and even it was no were near as big as the new 3.3 but i would recommend the lowest gearing you can stock gearing will most likely over heat the poor little thing. Just remember the old MAXX had a 2.5 and it wasn't much bigger than a stampede so the chances of a .15 working are slim........
    My TMAXX cam originally with the 2.5 .15 ci engine... It worked great...

Now just saying .15 means little, there are side exhaust port .15's rear exhaust port, bump start engines....

Which .15 are you speaking of because that detail is a bit important.... Honestly though,,,, I went to the 3.3 and I wouldn't go back...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    My TMAXX cam originally with the 2.5 .15 ci engine... It worked great...

Now just saying .15 means little, there are side exhaust port .15's rear exhaust port, bump start engines....

Which .15 are you speaking of because that detail is a bit important.... Honestly though,,,, I went to the 3.3 and I wouldn't go back...
    Sorry... I forget add the details...

I am talking about the old .15 with the side exhaust: http://traxxas.com/products/parts/engines/pro15
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

You would need the side exhaust header and a straight line throttle linkage. You would also need the flywheel clutch nut if you don’t have it and a starter system for the pro.15 (the 2.5 and 3.3 starter systems do not fit) t A tuned pipe matched to the pro.15 would also be good idea but the old stock black pipe would work.
    The 3.3 maxx is not all that much heavier than the old Pro.15 Maxx, tuned well the pro.15 will push around even the longer chassis 4908/7 ok without fear of overheating.
    I have probably had 15 or more of the old Pro.15 engines back in the day and still have a few I run occasionally. It’s no powerhouse but would suffice if that’s all you have or just want to try it.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    You would need the side exhaust header and a straight line throttle linkage. You would also need the flywheel clutch nut if you don’t have it and a starter system for the pro.15 (the 2.5 and 3.3 starter systems do not fit) t A tuned pipe matched to the pro.15 would also be good idea but the old stock black pipe would work.
    The 3.3 maxx is not all that much heavier than the old Pro.15 Maxx, tuned well the pro.15 will push around even the longer chassis 4908/7 ok without fear of overheating.
    I have probably had 15 or more of the old Pro.15 engines back in the day and still have a few I run occasionally. It’s no powerhouse but would suffice if that’s all you have or just want to try it.
    Ok, thanks... And the 2.5r?, What I need for make it work? Or is just drop in?:
    http://traxxas.com/products/parts/engines/trx25
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    Unless i forgot something.. the 2.5R and the 3.3 share the same mounting and carb setup so It should just drop right in....
    Screamsatchildren.. Unless you had the largest stampede or the smallest tmaxx ever.. the older Tmaxx is quite a bit bigger than the Stampede and the New Tmaxx and the older ones are pretty close to the same weight.. The new maxx is only about an inch longer than the original..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i mouted my pro.15 engine with an os .12 crv slide carb at one time on my 4907 while i was waiting for my 3.3 engine and did'nt do well......its slow, it overheat and not meant for such a heavy truck.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    Glow engines are a hybrid between diesel and gasoline engines in regards to their mode of operation. In a glow engine, the catalytic action of the platinum glow plug coil is what ignites the fuel-air charge rather than a spark or the heat due to compression of the mixture in the chamber. As a consequence, the compression ratio used tends to be higher than in a gasoline engine but lower than a diesel engine.

I'm going to be checking your other posts, If I see links like this one I've had to edit out you will get points for spamming
    Nitronaught
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 12-03-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: inappropriate link to car sale site...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
    Unless i forgot something.. the 2.5R and the 3.3 share the same mounting and carb setup so It should just drop right in....
    Screamsatchildren.. Unless you had the largest stampede or the smallest tmaxx ever.. the older Tmaxx is quite a bit bigger than the Stampede and the New Tmaxx and the older ones are pretty close to the same weight.. The new maxx is only about an inch longer than the original..
    Ok, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i mouted my pro.15 engine with an os .12 crv slide carb at one time on my 4907 while i was waiting for my 3.3 engine and did'nt do well......its slow, it overheat and not meant for such a heavy truck.
    Maybe was the gearing?

Quote Originally Posted by roshanill View Post
    Glow engines are a hybrid between diesel and gasoline engines in regards to their mode of operation. In a glow engine, the catalytic action of the platinum glow plug coil is what ignites the fuel-air charge rather than a spark or the heat due to compression of the mixture in the chamber. As a consequence, the compression ratio used tends to be higher than in a gasoline engine but lower than a diesel engine.
    SPAMMER ....I saw your other posts and all of them has the same webpage you posted...And I know how works a glow engine....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 12-03-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: removed link from quote of spam post.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I've seen plenty Pro .15 s run and race in TMAXX's very well...... They push a $10 lbs truck no problems... I'm thinking there was something wrong with the setup because TONS or Pro 15 TMAXX's were made, with EZ starts and reverse making the weight actually a little heavier than the newer 4907's....

I'm pretty sure there had to be some sort of setup issue, gearing, carb, something... Cause stating the Pro 15 can't power a TMAXX because of it's weight is just not true...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    On the flipside, I have a Pro .15 model 4910 and I'm gonna drop my 3.3 into it just for giggles.
    I think it's gonna be a wild ride.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post
    On the flipside, I have a Pro .15 model 4910 and I'm gonna drop my 3.3 into it just for giggles.
    I think it's gonna be a wild ride.
    If you think your T-Maxx is "fast" with the .15....Be prepared for the 3.3
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL