RC Enthusiast

A Couple of Questions.........New Slash 4 X 4

Finally got back from a trip and got the truck going.

I notice that the rear tires are leaning in and only the inside half of the tires make contact with the ground. Is that how it should be set up? It is how it came out of the box.

Is it necessary to glue the tire to the wheel? I bought some ProLine Street Fighter tires and RPM Revolver
    rims. Also, is there a better lug nut wrench out there somewhere that you would recommend instead of
    the one that came with the truck?

Anyway, I have put some gouges in the bumper and a scrape on the front fender already Not Good! Nasty
    weather and trying to run it in the garage as a beginner is not a good combination.

Anything else I need to do? Hung it up for the day and will wait to hear from you guys!

Thanks.........

It is best to glue the tires/rims. Otherwise the tires will fall off and slip all the time.

As far as wrenches for the wheels... Something like this works great and has sizes you could use on other models or in the future.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    Normal for the tires to be that way.
    Yes, if you bought the wheels and tires separately then you will have to glue them
    Use a socket wrench to tighten down your lugs

If your not happy with getting scratches on your rig then best sell it off now. You will have many more scratches, breaks, etc everytime you drive it.

Have fun with it.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy your new Slash, and you've come to the right place for answers. Everyone here is awesome!

First, the tires leaning in. That is called camber, and is used to help your truck turn better. Yours sounds to me like it has a little much, so you could try adjusting them out a little. You can buy a gauge to check the camber and set it to specific angles, but unless you are planning on racing, eyeballing it should be fine.

Second, it is necessary to glue tires to the wheels. They make glue specifically for tires that can be had from most any hobby shop online or brick and mortar. It comes in different weights, and I find the thicker stuff easier to work with as it doesn't get everywhere. I have the same wheel/tire combo on one of my trucks by the way, you'll like them.

Third, the stock lug nut wrench is worthless. I have a 1/4" drive rachet with I think a 7mm socket that works nicely for removing the lugs.

Other than that, enjoy your new truck. I wouldn't do anything else until you decide what you need or don't like about the truck. There are lots of upgrades you can do to your truck, but which ones you need will depend on your purpose and driving style.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsanders337 View Post
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy your new Slash, and you've come to the right place for answers. Everyone here is awesome!

First, the tires leaning in. That is called camber, and is used to help your truck turn better. Yours sounds to me like it has a little much, so you could try adjusting them out a little. You can buy a gauge to check the camber and set it to specific angles, but unless you are planning on racing, eyeballing it should be fine.

Second, it is necessary to glue tires to the wheels. They make glue specifically for tires that can be had from most any hobby shop online or brick and mortar. It comes in different weights, and I find the thicker stuff easier to work with as it doesn't get everywhere. I have the same wheel/tire combo on one of my trucks by the way, you'll like them.

Third, the stock lug nut wrench is worthless. I have a 1/4" drive rachet with I think a 7mm socket that works nicely for removing the lugs.

Other than that, enjoy your new truck. I wouldn't do anything else until you decide what you need or don't like about the truck. There are lots of upgrades you can do to your truck, but which ones you need will depend on your purpose and driving style.
    Thanks to everyone that replied. Good info! Scrapes and gouges don't bother me , but I do need to get out of the garage!

RC Qualifier
    No problem, if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaSlasher View Post
    Thanks to everyone that replied. Good info! Scrapes and gouges don't bother me , but I do need to get out of the garage!
    Yea I'm sure Nebraska is as messy outside as Missouri is right now. I may drive on the street today if it dries out.

Sent from my Kindle.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    My slash took a pretty good beating the first few days I had it too. My body is already cracked around the rear body savers. Some guys mention using drywall tape and stuff to prolong the body however. You could look into a roll cage too. First ups I would do (as I did) if I were you is, RPM front and rear bumpers. Mine cracked first run, and also the bush bars (handles), there gonna break soon. I also got the expansion pack in mine to run 3s lipo too. Its night and day to stock, but as you mention your new, so stick with that batt til your ready.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    My slash took a pretty good beating the first few days I had it too. My body is already cracked around the rear body savers. Some guys mention using drywall tape and stuff to prolong the body however. You could look into a roll cage too. First ups I would do (as I did) if I were you is, RPM front and rear bumpers. Mine cracked first run, and also the bush bars (handles), there gonna break soon. I also got the expansion pack in mine to run 3s lipo too. Its night and day to stock, but as you mention your new, so stick with that batt til your ready.
    For what it's worth, I haven't broken my stock bumpers or nerf bars yet and I've bashed hard for about a year. I wouldn't personally buy any upgrades until you feel you need them as everyone's driving style is different.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    I agree with Dsanders, but he's asking what he should upgrade. Its all personal opinion, but thats what forms are for....
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    I agree with Dsanders, but he's asking what he should upgrade. Its all personal opinion, but thats what forms are for....
    I watched a "How To" video on how to repair cracks in the body. Was very good & I think I will buy some Shoe Goo and drywall
    tape and do a little preventive maintenance. Where in the heck do you buy Shoe Goo?

RC Qualifier
    You can get Shoe Goo from Wal-Mart and a lot of other places.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsanders337 View Post
    You can get Shoe Goo from Wal-Mart and a lot of other places.
    dsanders337, I really appreciate your quick responses!! Thank You!