RC Enthusiast

T Bone Skid plate opinions needed...and pics if you have em

Here's the deal. I've now broken two chassis right in half - one on my Rustler VXL and one on my son's 2WD Slash. Well, not in half, but they broke apart squarely where the rear meets the rest of the chassis. One was definitely understandable, kids were jumping the cars off of skate ramps, bad idea.

The slash though just broke. I'm sure it was bound to happen with the way my son drives.

Anyway, I just bought the full chassis skids for both cars. Think this will help?

Thanks

RC Champion
    They help. I bought one for my friends mini revo and it helps. But man you gotta throw some abuse to break chassis. On a good note at least chassis replacement on the rusty is crazy easy

P.s.
    I love all tbones stuff great quality and warranty.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    I broke the chassis on the slash in the same place. It's a known weakness and ProLine makes a chassis saver for it. Just a small square of metal really.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Racer
    I broke my ruslter chassis there, there is not enough support from the top of the tranny which lends to the chassis design weakness point. Since it is only $14 I haven't done anything to help this specifically.

AZ Racer X, if you hit it just right it breaks pretty easy. I did a ramp to ramp jump with a gap of about 10' and landed with my back wheels just shy of the landing ramp. The front just slid down the ramp while the rear fell to the ground. It was just the right spot to to allow the tranny to swing down and take the chassis with it.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Racer
    I guess you can see in this picture how the chassis breaks clean in this area. Something in front of the rear shock tower would also help.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Enthusiast
    That's exactly it dj. same with the slash. I figure maybe the t bone will help. The price of the t bone is around the same price as a new chassis but easier to install to I will give it a shot.

RC Champion
    Shoot that or buy te STRC extension kit. That's metal. I broke a chassis once well more like cracked it but it was right near the servo.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

I have the proline chassis saver on a couple of my trucks and they work well, but I'm not familiar with the T-Bone. I like their bumpers though.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...