RC poster

2WD Traxcas Slash Suspension Question.

I just bought a set of green Losi springs 2.5 for the front and Losi blue 2.5 springs for the rear on my 2WD Traxxas Slash, 2.5 blue shock in the rear will not fit! There is almost a whole inch of no spring. Do I use spacers? Or is it fine with 3-4 spacers. Also I filled all the shocks with new stock Traxxas shock oil and I filled each shock all the way up to the top of the thread. Is that bad or incorrect to fill it up to the tippy top? Thank you.

RC Racer
    Filling the shocks to the top should be fine.

As far as the springs, I think that is what I have on mine. I do remember the front being a bit loose, but not 1" of space. Are you using the stock "ultra" shocks on a 2wd Slash?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Did you get all front losi springs?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    I doubt think so. I was recommended to use Losi 2.5 Blue in the rear and Losi 2.5 Green in the front. They are both 2.5" and the rear blue 2.5 springs do not fit. I bought the items new on eBay from Losi. I AM USING STOCK SHOCKS ALL AROUND.

RC Qualifier
    Stock rear springs are longer than front springs, so you would need longer losi spring in the rear too.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    I can't find rear Losi Springs that are longer that will fit my slash and are the same progressive rate as the Losi 2.5 Blue springs. (4.1 Rate)

RC Racer
    there aren't any LOSI springs longer than the ones you got that I'm aware of. You have to use preload spacers to pack em out - 2 of the large spacers on each shock should be enought to even them out - with 40et oil they worked fine for me for my bashing needs.

RC poster
    Ok, thankyou. But I'm racing. Do you think it would still work fine with 2 preload spacers or would that ruin how much travel the shock has to ride up and down.

RC Racer
    because the springs are short you won't actually be adding any preload, your just leveling them up, only once you actually begin to compress the spring is pre-load actually taking effect. Take a look at JANGs little video on the URC channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEe-odzQnQ0