RC Competitor

picco .28 or mamba monster?

Hi, i have a revo 3.3 roller i got used of gumtree, should i slap a picco .28 on it or mamba? i just want to know what has more power, i don't really care about the noise or smoke, i've never used a nitro before just electric.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Mamba would smoke it and leave it. It in its dust

RC Qualifier
    i think you should try nitro since all you have now is electric, just about every rc hobbyist has a nitro
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    get out 50t, mamba would smoke it tho in the long run and less maintenance.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    this is electric section, so i'm going to say go with the MMM lol. never tried mounting a BB on my revo, but i did with my t-maxx and i have more time fixing it than playing it.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Your not asking the correct questions if you can't decide on nitro or mmm. Yes the brushless will be (much) faster. If that's your only factor, fine. Pure power isn't why people like nitro now though. It's the experience. The mechanicals. The sound.

You shouldn't get one or the other based purely on performance.

If you want nitro get the picco. If it's not for you, stick with electric.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It took me a while to go electric. I have a 23 sirio t maxx and a 2.5 t maxx and 1/8 scale buggy.
    Love the sound and the smell but sometimes I like going out front for five or ten minutes .nice to just throw the batteries in and go .
    Of course with brushless you should store the batteries at storage charge but I have a few cheap batteries I keep charged all the time

RC Competitor
    I had the JL red dot .28...
    Great power & power curve gas will kill you in the long run & you may not get as much run time & tuning is the other issue.
    picco great reliable motors, can't go wrong...

On the other hand I can say the mamba power is instant no lag, I have 6s in my ERBE & love it... I still have to mess with the castle link but once I do that I'm sure I'll never go back to nitro...

Hope this help

I had the picco. I absolutely loved that engine. Almost never needed tuning...very fast...but the mamba will smoke it on all levels.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Champion
    If you go electric save your self the hassle and buy a chassis with associated hardware, tranny, and shafts.
    What does crashproff mean?
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lubecakes View Post
    If you go electric save your self the hassle and buy a chassis with associated hardware, tranny, and shafts.
    What does crashproff mean?
    well, i found a great deal of gumtree (the australian craigslist) i think it was 30 dollars for the roller, anyway i already have a e revo bl so i was thinking if i wanted to go electric again or nitro since i've never owned a nitro, the picco engine is about 150 dollars cheaper out was thinking that engine might have the same amount of power well now i understand it dosen't

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all the replies ! well now i know to go with the mamba!