RC Racer

Question regarding PL steering kit servo horn

I put the kit on and went to the lhs to get a steering horn. I bought/they gave me the wrong size.

Question: Will I hurt the servo if I run the stock servo saver on this kit? I just dont want to fry the servo because I am anxious to run the truck.

Thanks,
    Rich

RC Racer
    you need a futaba servo horn. on amainhobbies you can get an aluminum dynamite servo horn for futaba servo's that will fit costs only a few bucks but you have to pay shipping and wait a couple of weeks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trashyrich View Post
    I put the kit on and went to the lhs to get a steering horn. I bought/they gave me the wrong size.

Question: Will I hurt the servo if I run the stock servo saver on this kit? I just dont want to fry the servo because I am anxious to run the truck.

Thanks,
    Rich
    I don't think you'll hurt the servo by using the stock servo saver with the Proline bell crank; however, I would get a solid arm. The Proline bell crank is designed to eliminate the sloppy stock servo saver.

RC Racer
    Jato, Yea, I saw those. I will try agaiin at the lhs to get the right one. I did get Futaba horns, but they are just too small.

scootroc, yea, it doesnt seem like the servo is straining. I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks guys.

RC Racer
    what do you mean by too small. is the arm not long enough or the splines in the horn itself too small? but im not sure what you mean by too small. if the horn is too short i would get one of the 4 arm servo arms. then cut off 3 of them. other than that i am not sure what to tell you anymore.

RC Racer
    The diameter of the splined area of the Futaba is smaller than the output of the Traxass servo.
    I saw the Jang video and they didnt give me that one. I will try again tomorrow.

RC Racer
    went to lhs and they took my horn and put it on a 2075 servo no problem. I was speechless. Uh, what, huh?
    got home and checked out the servo. I guess when I took the stock servo saver off there was an insert that stayed on the servo, once I took that off everything fit just fine.

I felt sooooo stupid. This is really a humbling hobby.