Thread: slash 4x4

RC poster

slash 4x4

I am wondering what the top 5 upgrades i should start with. i have bought a 5000 battery. just wondering what else i should do?

RC Racer
    the top 5 would be

search
    search
    search
    search
    search

before upgrading, buy a tool kit.

shock oil and/or upgraded shocks and/or springs
    control arms ("a" arms)
    sway bar kit
    tires
    center diff

RC poster
    awesome thanks. are there any that you might recommend. and as far as the tool kit is there just a basic set or a good set i should buy.

RC Racer
    i use the dynamite tool kit works great for all the rc's i work on. duratrax had a nice looking one on tower hobbies to.

RC poster
    ok cool i will look into those. thanks for your help and advice. me and my buddy are new to this and are going to our first indoor dirt track this weekend.

RC Racer
    "dynamite" is great toolset/case keeps everything all in once place, and gives a couple slots for extra tools, like a pick (good for digging dirt out of screw heads) a very small "laser" sized temp gun, another traxxas brand wrench, and one last slot for a standard hex driver for my pinion gear screws. ive found myself using it on all kinds of stuff around the house too, VERY useful and im glad i spent the money on it.

RC poster
    awesome. thanks alot everybody.

RC Champion
    Agood temp gun to monitor esc and motor temp. It is better to wait for a cool down than parts because you went thermal.

RC Champion
    Spring's, aluminium slipper clutch bearing adapter, aluminium castor block's, rear bearing carrier's and steering block's. on the cheap side for shock's aluminium cap's and Ti-Ni shock shaft's for the ultra shock's. Doing that will make them 10x better. Just upgrade the stuff that break's with RPM, but no aluminium arm's or shock tower's. Not worth it.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    I just bought the integy hex driver set and it's amazing. I have the dynamite tool set too, and after a few months the tips wear out and you start ruining screws.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp