RC Qualifier

Single speed conversion

Just curious if anyone has done the single speed conversion? Is it worth it or does it cut down on top speed too much?
    P4d4 & Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    I used to have a Sportmaxx back in the day that came with the single speed and hated it. Bought the 2 speed conversion and never looked back. Top speed was horrible with the single speed which was made with the intention of racing on a track, but those days are long gone for the Tmaxx...Sad but true

If you use a decent engine with decent power you can install taller gearing and the single speed does very well.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    It seems to me teh single speed would be the worst of Both Worlds, Kill your take off bottom end and limit your top end.
    Why exactly would you want to go single speed? To get rid of tranny and weight? I actually really like the 2 speed as well as the neighbors always seem shocked when they say hey that thing sounded like it shifted and I tell that ya it did it has a 2 speed tranny. I have my shift point set a bit high as I don't like it shifting 2 soon. just gave me a ? to look up or create a new thread.
    T-Maxx 3.3 :)

The single speed is not everyone’s cup o tea. But when your rig is setup for it, it can be the better of both worlds to those who prefer it.
    Bigger engine/ more torque: Usually more than enough power to compensate for the loss of 1st gear and with a gear change it usually will tame the wheelies so as to have better traction and control.
    Different gearing: With the extra power of a bigger engine you can use a taller CB/SG ratio and have very good take off and top speed.
    With a strong engine and geared correctly for the engine. a single speed will hang with a 2 speed all day and on a off road track it can be advantageous over the 2 speed.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.