RC Racer

2.2" Tire Question

Well I stupidly bought 2.2"X2.2" tires online.( too many soda pops)

I dont have any 2.2" wheels. I have been trying to get rid of them locally but since I have store credit to an online store I figured I would just get some wheels for them. The traxxas wheels are the cheapest so I go with them?

Also, I have been avoiding the gluing of tires( bought beadlocks) so this will be my first attemtp. I have already read that the AKA glue is some of the best but I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a first time tire gluer.

Thanks guys.

RC Racer
    OK. I have answered my own question.

I guess the 2.2X2.2 wheels will not fit on a 2wd Slash, not enough clearance.

Guess I will try harder to sell the tires locally.

Dang, I am stupid with some of this stuff.

RC Racer
    2.2 tires fit just fine on a slash 2wd. They dont fit on the front of the slash 4x4.

i wont ever buy beadlocks, they are a huge waste of money and they dont hold as well as glue, plus they weigh 2-3 times as much as a standard wheel

RC Racer
    will they fit on the back of a slash 2wd if I buy the appropriate wheels?

Modify your body mounts,and you'll be shocked at what tires will fit on a slash.
    Than get pro line extended control arms,without the off set rims,made to keep the stock wheel base,and you can darn near but monster truck tires on it.
    Than go to 15/90 pinion and spur.

RC poster
    If u go 15/90 pinon and spur u can go up to 2.8 tires. If u modify the body u can put some 3.8 tires on, however you will need to drop the pinion lower or get some more torque.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ Jeep Guy View Post
    i wont ever buy beadlocks, they are a huge waste of money and they dont hold as well as glue, plus they weigh 2-3 times as much as a standard wheel
    Thats a bit strong.

Lots of people run beadlocks without any issues, myself included. They are heavier but hold just as well as glue in my experience. Issues with holding are usually linked to running cross brand wheels and tyres e.g. a Jconcepts tyre on a pro-line beadlock. I have experinced exactly that issue but it certainly doesn't make beadlocks "worthless".

All I did was use silicone sealant rather than glue on PROLINE TITUS 1.9 B/LOC 12MM with ansmann crawler tyres which were slipping. The no longer slip and the silicone comes off easily leaving my beadlocks and tyres nice and clean if I want to swap anything. Definately not a waste of money in my opinion. Frustrating maybe.

Sorry WJ I have eight bead locks,and fourteen glued.
    They both have a purpose,I'll rip a set of glued tires of the rims before i finish one race.
    If you want to play,glued is fine.
    If you want to get serious,you use bead locks,people always say there to heavy,on the bottom of the truck in a race,that's not allays a bad thing.
    Bead locks are not a wast of money
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ Jeep Guy View Post
    2.2 tires fit just fine on a slash 2wd. They dont fit on the front of the slash 4x4.

Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    What glue are you using that they come off so easy? I cant get mine apart without using acetone. The only way to get the tire off the wheel is to rip the tire. A good quality CA glue makes a difference.

I use Bob Smith Industries gap filling glue. This was also the glue chosen by Mythbusters on their superglue special. They glued a room upside down with the stuff. Thats why i use glue, it holds better than any beadlock will, is way cheaper, and is lighter.

RC Racer
    Well I ended up sending the tires back, for store credit.
    Thanks for all the info. The more I read, the more I realize how little I know.