RC poster

Thumbs up Bought son the 6807 - now "I" have to wait until Santa comes to play with it

Brand new to RC and just picked up the 6807 Slash today. I couldn't resist after seeing the travelling Traxxas show that goes on the NHRA circuit.

While I wait for the jolly ol' red guy to stuff it under the tree next month, what are my next 5 to 10 things to ponder tweaking?

Axles? Shocks? Chassis?

Thanks in advance.

PS - son wants a Track Six truck for Christmas - couldn't find one so I hope he's not disappointed....

RC Enthusiast
    lipo first

RC Qualifier
    Lipos, strc hexes, fan for esc-fan for motor, proline trenchers on proline split six bead locks. See my thread slash 4x4 help if you want to see the upgrades I want to order for my slash if I order one.

RC Qualifier
    tires, shocks, and steering
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Racer
    buy another body, the stock one will be trashed in about a week. its a very strong truck for first time users though, youll just go through bodies untill you get better at driving.

in my opinion, dont buy tires for awhile...unless you plan on using it on a track. outdoors/in the street/yard, the stockers are just fine.

shocks break easily when the truck is ran hard. shock caps will pop off, you can buy aluminum caps and it betters your chances but its best to go ahead and plan on a set up upgraded shocks.

dont upgrade until you break a part once or twice, it takes time to learn...best to break cheap parts than upgraded ones.

RC Champion
    Pick him up some TRX bigbores, a 2s lipo, lipo charger, proline trenchers size 2.2 on split six rims, integy heatsink with fan for motor, vxl esc fan, some spur gears, 12mm aluminum hex and maybe a clear body he can paint?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Racer
    ^^^ i concur if its not his first rc car ("real" rc car, as in very fast and expensive)

RC Qualifier
    Defiantly a good charger if you don't already have one. And I agree a new body. Look into reinforcing it with the shoe goo and fiberglass tape method. With stock power, not much more is needed. But..... add power and comes more replacement parts!! But it's all worth it!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    Pick him up some TRX bigbores, a 2s lipo, lipo charger, proline trenchers size 2.2 on split six rims, integy heatsink with fan for motor, vxl esc fan, some spur gears, 12mm aluminum hex and maybe a clear body he can paint?
    i agree with this for the most part.

if he breaks somthing then replace with rpm parts. spur gears are useful at all times in case one strips just like glow plugs for nitro. lipos are a must for sure and from what i hear good shocks are 1st as well
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

You made a great choice getting the Ultimate! You bypass all of the plastic parts that break on the base model. I have both and have broken many parts on the standard model. On the Ultimate I have only broken an a arm.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM