Thread: slash tires

slash tires

Am I missing something? Anyone have a 2wd slash,that doesn't have rims that fit the front and rear both?
    I have two 2wd slash's 16 tires and rims,some bead lock some not,but they go on the front or rear with no problem.
    Was there an earlier version of the slash,in witch they weren't interchangeable?

Guss um still a bit in the dark,just put a pair of pro line sand paws,and rims on my stock slash,except for snow here in Mi.
    I know the fronts have deeper hex?six point rim connecters. Witch would be better on the rear in my opinion,but all fit fine.
    Maybe were just miss understanding each other? I am somewhat new to all the updated rc stuff.
    But thanks for letting me know,I'll look into it deeper,or when I have my first encounter of the front and rears being different.
    You have a good one 1fastmr2!
    I'm sorry! Your talking about the five point rim mounts,got ya.
    But don't they come with adapter kits?
    Thanks again for the up date.

RC Racer
    ok from what ive read the rear and front rims are slightly different from each other. the offset of different from the front and rear rims. i dont remember what the differences are. but wheel hex depth should be the same. but thats on the 2.2/3.0 rims. the sand paws are a 2.2 tire. the rims may have a different hex depth. is the hex depth in the wheel too much or too little? but i think it might be the same for the sct wheels.

I think the hex hole in the rim should be deeper,especially on the2wd.On the rear the hex is approx,1/4 inch,the front is closer to a half inch.
    I think the half inch should be on the rear,that's where the toque is.But as long as the rims only 1/4-3/16 deep,whats the difference?

RC Champion
    The offset is different in the front and rear to make the width the same.. the arm are shorter in the front by about 1/4 inch.. It doesn't make a big difference for the truck in reality but will look strange with the fronts wider than the rear.. I don't run stock wheels anyway.. I run 1/8th buggy wheel and tires with 17mm adaptors.. My wheelbase is a good inch wider than stock now and really helps with handling, much longer tire wear and better tire choices.. Its not legal for racing but I don't care..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    The front has less off-set than the rear, here are some examples, look at the 45 degree pic. Where the wheel nut makes contact with the rim and you can see the difference.

http://prolineracing.com/wheels/spli...-piece-wheels/

http://prolineracing.com/wheels/spli...-front-wheels/
    Last edited by Shaky17; 11-30-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_builder View Post
    ok from what ive read the rear and front rims are slightly different from each other. the offset of different from the front and rear rims. i dont remember what the differences are. but wheel hex depth should be the same. but thats on the 2.2/3.0 rims. the sand paws are a 2.2 tire. the rims may have a different hex depth. is the hex depth in the wheel too much or too little? but i think it might be the same for the sct wheels.
    On the 2wd slash I bought rears for the front and rear of my truck because the fronts were out of stock and I can tell a little bit of hex difference but its barely noticeable.