RC Qualifier

Smile Manneīs E-slayer pro build

Hello happy fellas!

Just thought I should post my fifth build here at the forum .

I have had alot of trucks, most recently a totally hopped up Erbe: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page5

A toomuchwrenched Merv: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page3

And The flux ( wich Iīm currently using most of the five vehicles I have left: https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/sho...t=29831&page=4

The short story is, I have always loved the revo, from the first time I saw Airmaxx23īs movies from back in the begining, and I have had one of my own since the first 2.5 model came out.

The overmodified revo didnīt get much runtime after I got the flux since the revo just couldnīt take what the flux could, but I felt so sad just having it standing there on the bench, so after almost a year of "resting on the bench" I started to convert it into a summit, said and done, ran it for about 10hours total trough mud and rocky sektions, and then I got tired of driving slow...Looked at Nitrocircus live show when they were here in Sweden and saw a trophytruck, and then the idea had come to life.

Itīs nothing too special, the build contains:

Spine is a Summit chassis,
    Greg adler body,
    some alu skids,
    alu servosaver,
    pushrod mod for the rear bulks and bodymount,
    Lst front and rear 1/8 diffs,
    shortned and welded front centershaft from a flux,
    summit axel for the rear center,
    Maxx axels all around ( will swapp them out for some summitshafts if they arenīt up to it),
    MMM 2200kv powerplant.

I have ordered some trencher xīs to fit on some black split spokes, will order slingshots for the winter later on.. I may also order the Erbeīs steel centershafts to clean things up.

Here is my other builds:

Erbe:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page5
    Merv:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page3
    Flux:https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/sho...t=29831&page=4

I never made a thread about the summit build, it was just a stock summit but with the alu stuff named above, and some locked Lst diffs.

Here is the current state of the build:

Wait and see, there will be more, waiting for the arms, body and the rest of the stuff to arrive, hopefully they will be here at the end of next week...Weīll see

Now keep on bashing out there
    Last edited by Manne; 11-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.

RC Champion
    i like your water shield for you esc. does it get hot in there?

RC Qualifier
    It works very good breathing actually, have had it like that half the summer on the flux, itīs a outwearscover, googel it and you will see if you donīt know what it is already. They have a pretty weird website tho..Get to the rc-section and you will be good.It wonīt let the water in, or snow at all, but you feel absolutley no resistens when you try to breath trough it.

There is also a version that covers the whole revo chassis:

RC Champion
    cool. good job on the conversion

RC Qualifier
    Thanks revoman

Update:

Got all the parts except the wheels today.

Started with the Revo spec axels, shortned them a bit:

And then mounted the rest of the stuff:

Did some decal changes to the Greg Adler edition, I really donīt like yellow, so I removed the 4wheel stickers and added some other, also covered up some of the "nitro holes":

I think it turned out kinda nice.

Here is a comparision between the trencher x 2.2/3.0 tires and some 2.2 sandpaws:

Next step is to mount the sandpaws on the 2.2/3.0 if they show up before the weekend.
    Last edited by Manne; 12-05-2012 at 02:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Update:

Here it is, alive in the snow! This truck is a blast, I have found my new love!

Itīs a tad to slow for my taste on 4s with 38/21 mod1 gearing. I will either buy a 36t spur or if thats not enough I will probably step up to 5s

Thats all for now, keep on bashing everyone

RC Qualifier
    Update:

My 3s has arrived! Labeled to be 20mm longer than the 2s packs but they were identical in length just as I thought.

Re geared and with 5s this thing has really woken up from itīs beauty sleep! Itīs now so awake so it started to melt my center shafts......

This is a brand new summit shaft after just one run...

So it was time for something better, I took a driveshaft from a XXLST, and paired it with the sleeve from a center shaft of a XXLST to achive the perfect length. Some grinding was needed on the driveshaft since the "head" in the joint was slightly too big to fit in the sleeve at the beginning. Turned out kinda nice, should more than well hold up.

And thatīs all for now.

Keep on bashing everyone!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-25-2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Removed image of banned product.

RC Qualifier
    Long time no see! Not much has been going on with this build except that I have been beating the living snot out of it, and it just keeps coming back for more!

Things that have changed since last time:

New speedo, mmm V2.

New body, Proline, F150:

Some new lipos, . . .5000mah 4s, will buy some 5sīs for the summer season:

I actually bought the body for the flux, but it looked so right on the slayer and iīm really annoyed by the "parachute effect" the stock slayer body tends to make so I just thought, Iīm just going to let the slayer have it.

My mmm v3 finally gave in after many years of service including some time on 8s by mistake two years ago. But Iīm actually a bit bummed, because it wasnīt the esc itself that malfunctioned, it was a lipo who shortned and took the esc with it.

Me and some friends also thought that "we should put the mmm V2 to some real testing", so we went out to do some waterskipping.
    It was just that my rear paddles was so worn down from autumn and spring bashing, driving on snow, gravel and asphalt that they didnīt give any traction on the water, wich ended up in a way wich included the driver and owner ot the car, wich would be me, taking a ice bath.....

White ole submarine....White ole submarine...white ole submarine....

And we took some snowbashing action pics, enjoy!

Now for this upcomming summer season iīm planning on getting some swaybars and a new set of wheels and tires. I donīt really know which tires Iīm going to go with tho... The trencher xīs that Iīm currently using isnīt holding up very well... Iīll have to look in to that later on.

Thatīs it for now! keep on bashing everyone!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-25-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Merge, language abuse edit, and removed picture of banned product.

RC Qualifier
    I almost forgot, we found some aphalt and decided to end the paddles for sinking the truck. We all sang "you spinn me right round baby right round" While Iīll made donuts down to the rims.

I think it looks so much better now.

RC Racer
    Nice truck!
    (2) Slash 4x4 HCG

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I love it! I've been wanting to do an e slayer for a while now. I remember how much better a revo was than my maxx, I wonder if the same is true for the slayer,slash. Have you driven a slash any? I wonder if the progressive suspension would help satisfy my desire for a truck that will take a huge jump but still handle well offroad.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D