RC Qualifier

Lipo ban is lifted

LIPO BAN IS LIFTED my son who is japan just told me now he wants all his E-Revo stuff sent to him

Per the regulations listed in the Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, International Mail Manual still prohibit shipping of loose (uninstalled) battery packs.
    Lithium batteries packed with equipment and lithium batteries sent separate from equipment are prohibited. Damaged or recalled batteries are prohibited and may not be mailed internationally under any circumstances.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

The ban is still in effect for loose batteries AFAIK. Only change/revision to this is installed batteries in devices.

Wonder how that would effect trying to get a new L model traxxas across the border. They are installed in the trucks right lol
    (RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

RC Champion
    Yeah you can just buy him a few more revos so he can get the batteries
    Matthew 7:7

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    What about installing them in just the chassis?
    lol
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    Yeah you can just buy him a few more revos so he can get the batteries
    I like this idea the best.

Seriously though, why can you ship lipos installed, but not singley? Sounds like there was some lobbying going on with the post office.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Sounds more like ignorance and wrong-headed thinking to me.

Probably to allow cell phones and other personal entertainment equipment through the air. I am sure they were losing a whole lot of business.
    Don’t handicap children by making life easy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    its the confusions and what not, USPS banned it for now but when they find a way to ship it safer in a commercial/international flight then it'll be back to normal. so much changes at the USPS now that i cant even agree to some of them but hey who am i so change it i just work for them.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    its the confusions and what not, USPS banned it for now but when they find a way to ship it safer in a commercial/international flight then it'll be back to normal. so much changes at the USPS now that i cant even agree to some of them but hey who am i so change it i just work for them.
    after all your the one carrying the package so you as a carrier should help decide with the post office since its your safety at risk most of all and the other carriers in the plane, driving etc. the people support the usps so they should get to decide as well since if people dont use the post office it will shut down after all right? i think if you want to ship a lipo usps should have an option to ship like 2-3 day and thats what you have to ship with in order to ship lipos so paying extra lets you ship them.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    i just ordered lipos and a charger last week and there being shipped usps with no problems exept they got delasyed in jacksonville

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I tried to order A QR=1 from tower and they would only ship via UPS and wanted to charge me $55... so I went to Ebay, found a seller who will ship via USPS for $15. IMO, "installed" is "installed" no grey areas. If its IN the item your buying (even if its removable... as many cell phone and laptop batteries are) its technically installed so shipping a traxxas RC with lipo batteries SHOULD be fine. The problem would be with a vehicle like the QR-1 that comes with a spare battery that cant physically be installed for shipping. That would be a "loose" lipo and therefore still banned. But even an ERBE would come with both lipos "installed" in the vehicle so there SHOULD be no problem.

What if the lipo is "installed" in a cardboard box? Hehe... can it be shipped?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanrules View Post
    i just ordered lipos and a charger last week and there being shipped usps with no problems exept they got delasyed in jacksonville
    Just because someone shipped it illegally does not mean the ban is lifted.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    IMO it should be that if the lipos are part of the original packaging and arent just loose flopping around then it should be ok. If you look at most brand new cell phones (the ones with removable batteries) the battery isnt installed in the phone until you get it. so the lipo isnt technically "installed"

RC Champion
    Could buy a e-revo chassis and doors, put them in and then ship it :P
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    SPC is shipping me 4 USPS. I received an email from USPS with the tracking number.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    SPC is shipping me 4 USPS. I received an email from USPS with the tracking number.
    Shipping via USPS within the US is legal. SPC Racing does not violate shipping regulations.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Shipping via USPS within the US is legal. SPC Racing does not violate shipping regulations.
    I didn't realize it was only for interntional.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods