RC Champion

Tire foams for road rage tires

Anybody got a link to some heavy duty tire foams for 3.8 road rage tires. After one run on 6s on pavement the sidewalls are getting beat. Mostly on the outsides. Theres holes ripping through them in a few spots and scuff marks probably from sliding it around on the pavement. I guess my heavy maxx is hard on them. Surprized how much it tore them up on 1 run.

Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    The ofna would probably work but i found these that are a little bigger and fit better and firmer. racers edge #4972 firm foam inserts T/E maxx Truggy They are 5 1/2 O.D. x 3" I.D x 3 1/4 wide

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    Anybody got a link to some heavy duty tire foams for 3.8 road rage tires. After one run on 6s on pavement the sidewalls are getting beat. Mostly on the outsides. Theres holes ripping through them in a few spots and scuff marks probably from sliding it around on the pavement. I guess my heavy maxx is hard on them. Surprized how much it tore them up on 1 run.
    I had the exact same problem with mine...I couldn't understand why it was ripping the side walls.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    The foams that come with them are not that good. Especially with a heavy truck. I have another set of foams that are 3 1/2 wide 3 pc design with even firmer foam glued on both sides but the I.D. is too big and not shure if i like the stiffness in the glue joints. Waiting for these try a pair of these bigger ones side by side under them if they will fit and see how they look.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271027387309...84.m1497.l2649
    craig, What kind of wheels did you have them on? Where they taped?
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 12-14-2012 at 07:15 AM.

RC Champion
    Ok, foams came today. heres what i came up with. Racers edge Foams i got a while back. 3 1/2" wide with firm sides
    http://www.rcplanet.com/Racers_Edge_..._p/rce5372.htm
    and (2) of the larger hpi short course foams side by side under them.
    The hpi foams just barely stretch over the rims. But if your careful you can get them on with out ripping them. I mocked one up and it fits good. And quite a bit firmer all around than just the Racers edge #4972 foams alone. The #4972 foams are still a lot better than the stock ones that come with them. But this combo of foams is even better IMO and the glue joints are not even noticable.
    I will post a couple pics on my build thread when i get them done.