RC Enthusiast

How do you feel about

Stock castle esc/ motor running 2 8400 traxxas lipo's
    Also 442x prop

RC Racer
    i see no problem, but add dual pick up rudder and aluminium water jacket for the motor will complete the setup !!
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Had that stuff, blew the motor and esc up

RC Qualifier
    If you have higher amp batteries, don't neglect to check your temperature every 3-5mins. runtime, if you have 8400 it doesn't mean that your electronics would be fine as well, monitoring is still the best thing to do.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Enthusiast
    my boat before the esc/ motor went, idk how fast it was going, but need to figure out how to stop it from rolling side to side, this was on stock prop with 8400 6s

http://youtu.be/-lMIPcXEZYA

RC Champion
    The rolling from side to side is "chine walk" and when the boat gets up on plane, the only thing in the water will be the prop and the torque will roll the boat from side to side as it hits the outer trim tabs moving back and forth.

When running 6s you need to add a set of inner trim tabs and adjust as needed to assist in controlling the chine walk.

You will just need to test with battery placement also etc, etc, etc ....

Nice little vid and thanks for sharing.

P.S.

I know Traxxas says we can run this boat on 6s but experience has shown that long wide open throttle run times just cause ESC failures and more so if larger props are used.
    Last edited by orca44; 11-30-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    yea that it being only what an 80amp esc there is not really much room to work with. If your hull is running wet u better keep an eye on temps

RC Enthusiast
    Im thinking......
    about trying, stock castle motor, 180 esc, my 8400 6s lipo and the grimracer 42x55
    now how do i go about keeping boat in the water, how much do i run the trim tabs down, i do have duel tabs/ adjusters

any tips/ suggestions?

RC Racer
    the grimracer 42X55 is a good choice , i ran it all summer and it give me very good result for run time and temps . Because the stock one is 59 and is plastic , so it flex and the grimracer 55 is Copper, Beryllium & Titanium snd it not flex , so the speed , IMO , it s almost the same !!!
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlgreen21 View Post
    Im thinking......
    about trying, stock castle motor, 180 esc, my 8400 6s lipo and the grimracer 42x55
    now how do i go about keeping boat in the water, how much do i run the trim tabs down, i do have duel tabs/ adjusters

any tips/ suggestions?
    Start from neutral then adjust as necessary, depends on the response of the boat, either you go positive or negative. No such perfect setup on the trim tabs, it will be depend on the weight, water & wind.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.