RC poster

Summit brushless problem

I just installed hobbywing ezrun 150a esc and 1800kv motor, I run for around 5 sec then the car stopped and the red led started to flash, the car could not move. I restarted the esc, and same thing happened , every time run like 5 to 10 sec then stop. Also even I full throttle the wheels moved very slow. I run all stock gear, 3s lipo, fully charged battery. Does anyone know what is the problem?

RC Competitor
    Did you program it to your radio? is the lipo fully charged? why only one 3s? Is a Wire loose? or poor connection? Is somthing binding? Try 2 2s lipos or even 2 3s lipos

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It should work with a single 3S... as long as the capacity and C rate is high enough.
    It will just be slow.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    I running 45c 4200mah 3s, fully charged
    I think esc has linked to transmitter, because everything works fine for first 5sec, forward and backward ok, only very slow, then it stopped working. Red light started flash . Any help?

RC Enthusiast
    I believe the the flashing red light is the LVC being triggered.
    Do you have the ESC wired with 1 battery lead or 2 leads?
    If you really are using a single 3S battery, then perhaps re-program the ESC for '3 Cells' rather than the default 'Auto Calculate'.

Else get a matching battery if you can... it'd be much more enjoyable anyways.
    BL E-Revo|BL E-Maxx|Revo 3.3|Summit|KB Rally

RC poster
    I thought the ESC says can run 1S-8S meaning any cell will be ok.
    It confuses me only because ESC/motor should get Amp in any kind of V in the range, 2S, 3S, 6S will still get power from the battery. I worked for 5s, and within 5sec, it ran supper slow, then stopped and red light came on flash.

Does that mean the ESC default to run 2s, 4s or 6s (Auto Calculate) ?
    Does that mean I can only connect that in series (6S) and will not work on parallel (3S) also?

Do you have the manual?
    Do you have the program card?

RC poster
    yes I have both, but doesn't help.
    I did the linking (ESC - transmitter) set up, it seems controling ok. But again that's only for 5sec.
    I reading the trouble shoot on the manual, it says if red light flashes maybe low voltage, but my lipo was fully charged.
    Do you think it is a defective product?

I know some ESC's only auto register 4S and 6S and have to be changed manually to register anything else.

Also, I have had a few ESC's only power the motor for seconds before shutting completely down... feeding 6v to the ESC through the servo wire seemed to be what fixed them. I am not sure how or why, I just know that is the last thing I did before they started (and still) working.
    *If you decide to do this, you do so at your own risk.

RC poster
    thanks for your information.
    my thinking is that if it is Low voltage problem, it shouldn't be even working at the begining. I also did that for more then 10 time trying.
    I see there is a lot of people in this forum running 6S for speed and 3S for long run time. I am not sure how they make it work.
    Also when I was trying different things, I use the 70/30 trigger set up instead of 50/50, but ESC wouldn't even start, it is ok if I can fix this and only use 50/50

why you need to feed 6V to the ESC? and where you can connect battery to ESC when there is only one input for the "real battery"

Low Voltage Protection takes a second to kick in... it is normal for it to work under low voltage conditions before the ESC shuts down.

When you move the trigger ratio, the ESC must be recalibrated to the controller.

RC Competitor
    Put a lipo alarm on your battery maybe its bad

RC Champion
    Sounds like the lvc voltage is setup for 4s. Change it with the program card to 3s
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC poster
    thanks everyone. I changed to 6S and seems working fine. Really thanks everyone's help!

RC Qualifier
    Sick, be easy on the trigger
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish