Thread: 2 new Batteries

Hybrid View

RC Racer

2 new Batteries

So I just got my Brand new mini E-Revo VXL It came with the stock battery and I bought another series 1 battery. I also purchased the easy peak 1 and 2 amp charger. I know that you are supposed to store batteries charged or else it can damage them. So I charged the battery that came with the car on 1 amp. My question is should I charge the other one? And should I recharge them before christmas? If so when? I dont get to drive the car until christmas. So what would you reccomend I do? Thanks
    MERV, Broken Alias.

It is a good idea to keep NiMH packs charged. If these are a Christmas gift and you have to open a package, that complicates matters. You have to figure that the pack has been sitting for X months and now may sit for almost another month. Is it completely sealed up?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Yes the battery is sealed up in original packaging. So should I charge that one the night before Christmas? Also should I recharge the one that has already been charged that night or should I do it sooner?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Champion
    are u planning to run both sets of batteries ? if not just charge the ones you all-ready an plan to use , I charge them when i need them . That way they are fully charged , They well loose charge just setting so charge then when your going to use them . at 1 amp it well take about 1-1/2 hours depending how low they are .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    I am planning to run them in parallel. The reason I charged the one that came with the car was because I used it a little. It came with a little bit of a charge (as they all do) so I plugged it in just to make sure everything worked. I know that you are not supposed to run the car all the way down because they discharge a little all of the time and if you use to much the battery can hurt itself by not having any life in it. So I didn't. I only drove it in my room for 30 seconds. When I was done I decided I did not want it to sit any longer with not a lot of life so I charged it at 1 amp. so I guess I will charge the both of them On Christmas Eve. Does this sound good? Or will the battery get damaged for sitting until then?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

You should be fine, either charging them now or on Christmas Eve or both.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Ok sounds good! I might just also charge the one that is sealed right now just in case it has been sitting in the hobby shop forever.
    MERV, Broken Alias.