RC poster

New and need help

Hey, I am new to rc an I have a few questions about the batteries. How long should I wait after charging and using the battery before I charge and use it again? Also are you supposed to remove the plastic wrapping coving the batteries cells?

RC Racer
    I'm assuming you're talking about Nimh?
    You can recharge the battery when it has cooled down after use.
    The plastic wrapping on the batteries help them keep their shape, prevent dirt/debris from getting on the contacts, and to help the solder from wiggling loose on the cells. So take it off at your own risk.
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Adidas5989 View Post
    Hey, I am new to rc an I have a few questions about the batteries. How long should I wait after charging and using the battery before I charge and use it again? Also are you supposed to remove the plastic wrapping covering the batteries cells?
    Leave the plastic wrapping on and when i'm done running I just leave the battery along till I'm ready to run again , If you charge just before you ruin your RC the battery well hv a full charge , nimh batteries start loosing charge after they are unplugged and wait till the battery is cool down before recharging them .
    1 Rusty VXL