RC poster

E Revo brushed to brushless

Hi everyone, I have an Erevo brushed with dual titans that I want to make brushless on 4s although I am looking to still keep it waterproof. I don't know a lot about electric yet as I had nitro. So here are some of my questions...

-what are my waterproof esc and brushless motors options?
    -I have been looking at the hobbywing sc8 with the 2000kv motor. Ya or Nah?
    -will I be able to run a single brushless motor on the dual motor setup that my erevo currently has?
    -If so do I need a special motor mount and is there a cap that I can purchase to cover the 2nd motor hole?
    -Will this require lots of mods our is there a fairly simple option?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to do this right

thanks

RC Champion
    you can use the same mount and plug the hole, but the plate and cover isnt that expensive.

Castle is coming out with a waterproof version of the Mamba Monster motor and I think the ESC as well. everything else will be fine

RC poster
    THanks redsawacs do you know how soon until castle comes out with this and where would you buy the plat and cover? from traxxas?

RC Qualifier
    It is unknown when the waterproof Mamba Monster ESC will be available.

RC Qualifier
    the sc8 is a good esc, but only good for 4s if i remember right. you might want a higher kv motor such as a 2560kv.

just pull out the existing esc and motors, put some tape over the hole and mount up the new system. you might find yourself bending up the motor plate on some of the nastier upside down skids though.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    I upgraded my brushed Revo to brushless and as deerhurst said "just pull out the existing esc and motors, put some tape over the hole and mount up the new system." I used some foil backed (metal) tape.

I installed a Hobbywing Xerun 4274 2000 kv motor, 150 esc geared @ 21/54 and run mostly 4s off road. Does a little over 45 mph with this setup.

The ESC can handle up to 6s.

Not water proof but it has served me well so far....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    thanks Orca, did this mod fit in the erevo easily? and could you run a 120amp with that motor?

RC Champion
    The mod did install with ease. Took about 4 hours. I think a 120amp esc would be boarder line with 2000 kv motor. Just need to not gear too tall to keep temps in the safe range.

I have never run 6s with this set up but I have run 5s and it really moves....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    hi sorry to hijack your thread, but its as close to a conversation relating to my Q i could find...

my Q, when switching from brushed to brushless what else needs changed,

Ie slipper pads.. from material to alloy... anything else?