RC Racer

Stampede 4x4 not rolling on 4 wheels

Hi, when I try to roll my Stampede 4x4 on the ground it barely even rolls? I have pulled the rear end off to inspect. Nothing obvious. Have pulled put slipper, front and rear diffs for inspection, no issues found. I can roll back wheels and front wheels by themselves easily but when I try to roll the car on its four wheels, it hesitates and struggles like something is stopping it. If it is on 4 wheels and i try to push it with light force forward, it doesn't move without a heavier push. I dont know why i am suspecting something with the slipper clutch but I've just upgraded this to the heavy duty Traxxas one that uses steel pads. Was having the problem just before i replaced the standard pede4x4 slipper as well. The car is a month old and hasn't been through dirt or water, mainly grass and road. Any help would be much appreciated. I am relatively new to this hobby so it could be obvious to the experienced, but I have no idea what is causing it. Cheers Paul

Take the back of the truck off and remove the slipper unit and spin the wheels if there is any binding replace the bearings. if all good then take out the center blue driveshaft out and spin the front wheels if any binding replace bearings if its not the wheel bearings it could be the bearings either side of the diff housing and replace if cruchy.hope that all helps dude..peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    just so I am clear...

when you say you can roll the front wheels and back wheels separately and they roll fine, are you telling me that when you lift the front, spin one wheel, the other front wheel spins the same direction without issue? same for the back? Or are you telling me that when you lift the front (or back) spin ONE wheel, the opposite wheel spins the opposite direction?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    just so I am clear...

when you say you can roll the front wheels and back wheels separately and they roll fine, are you telling me that when you lift the front, spin one wheel, the other front wheel spins the same direction without issue? same for the back? Or are you telling me that when you lift the front (or back) spin ONE wheel, the opposite wheel spins the opposite direction?
    It is the latter. I spin one wheel on front or back and it spins freely with the opposite side going the opposite way. But if I try to spin both in the same direction, it feels like it is binding. All four on the ground and it doesn't want to move without force. I will definitely check the bearings and slipper again.....

RC Qualifier
    is it on or off when ur doing this
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Champion
    you have something binding in the drive line. Take the motor lose and try again. if it still binds, its either the driveshaft in the center of the car or the differential bearings

Just what i said on post 2...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Check the bearing adapter in the slipper. It may have crushed the little bearing in the slipper.