RC Qualifier

Question lipo from USA TO EUROPE

Hello I want to buy a lipo battery From Tower hobbies, I live in Ireland and I was wondering how long would it take fro a lipo battery to come to me.
    Have any one bought One from tower to Europe?
    And If any one knows other good , cheap website in Europe that sells lipos please tell me.
    Thanks

RC poster
    I don't know how applicable this is to your specific situation but I just received a LIPO battery that I ordered through amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00) here in Afghanistan. Granted, the rules for sending mail to an APO address may differ from mailing to a European residential address. It took nine days to arrive from the day it shipped. I think the overall delivery from the date I ordered was 11 days.

This release by the USPS may also be of interest: http://about.usps.com/news/national-...2/pr12_128.htm

Hope that helps!

RC Qualifier
    thanks for help

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If using US Postal Service, it is illegal to ship LiPo battery packs to countries outside the US and sadly this includes APO addresses. The new USPS update noted above applies only to Lithium battery packs installed in the appropriate device when shipped.
    Last edited by Jakey; 11-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.

RC Racer
    The post office allways asks if there ate lipo battries in the box when i ship things
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyjlewis View Post
    The post office allways asks if there ate lipo battries in the box when i ship things
    The USPS allows shipping of LiPo battery packs within the US if the battery packs are packaged according to USPS regulations and the shipping box has the proper indentifying label on it.

RC poster
    Well, I can't comment on the legality of it, only on my personal experience. Amazon sent a solo LiPo to an APO address through USPS. I got it three days ago and promptly used it to destroy an A arm on my 4x4 slash.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler1999929 View Post
    Hello I want to buy a lipo battery From Tower hobbies, I live in Ireland and I was wondering how long would it take fro a lipo battery to come to me.
    Have any one bought One from tower to Europe?
    And If any one knows other good , cheap website in Europe that sells lipos please tell me.
    Thanks
    from tower hobbies to france it take around 1week/10 days most of the time .... sometimes a little bit longer but i've never wait more than 12 days. the main prob for me is the shipping price a little bit high imo.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-01-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Content