RC Qualifier

Best Traxxas for Bashing ?

I posted a thread kind of in the wrong spot yesterday and was advised to post elsewhere to get more tips. So Im looking for a good Basher. Something that can take a beating and keep on going. For the longest time I was set on the E-Revo (1/16) as my next truck. But then was told to go for a slash (1/10 4X4) instead. I wanna get into Lipos and have longer run times than my current Stampede 2wd brushed trucks gives me. Its body also doesnt handle the bashing to well. Ive recently be advised that the E-Revo doesnt take to well to the outdoor bashing either and is more for indoor track use ? And guys who have em want to sell to get Slashes. As my sig states, I have 4 trucks already but am fairly new to the sport. What basher would you get if you were me ??? Heres my current trucks......

Thanks for any and all advise from you fine folks
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Competitor
    Honesty. In my opinion you already own the best basher out there. The 2WD Pede is about as tough as it gets. I own a couple of them and they get beat senseless every time out. My “go to” basher is an old black chassis Pede that has spent almost as much time in the air as it has on the ground.

This is the truck I take to the skate parks, jump over the house, make 60+ mph banzi runs across the fields and work sites.

The most amazing thing is how close to stock the truck actually is. It has some old shocks I had laying around. I think they are old Losi’s but I’m not really sure. I’ve updated the Trans to the steel gears and run a 32P pinion and spur. The carriers are updated to the larger 5x11 bearings off the later XL5 and it runs a Tamiya Brat body.

Otherwise it’s STOCK and has well over 1000 runs.

If you really want a different basher I’d say go with the Slash 4x4 or the Pede 4x4. Either will do you well but they have many more moving parts that can break when beat hard.

RC Qualifier
    +1...
    The pede just doesn't quite lol. Its tougher than all my other trucks
    I own a 1/16 e-revo and a1/16 summit and a summit the pede could out bash them all hands down.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Champion
    i would have to say my 1/16 revo out bashes all the other 9 cars I have. i dont have a full size revo but I bet it will handle a beating as well. Its much heavier so thats going to translate into more carnage.

I dont think the 4x4 slash is any better basher than the others, I would say its more suited for racing. In my personal opinion, I would say either the 4x4 stampede or the 1/16 revo. I think I have broken my mini revo twice....once i was really trying to break something and once i stripped a screw hole for the wheelie bar when I hit a car tire. Its a beast

RC Qualifier
    Pede, mini revo is just to mini to do any serious bashing IMO but then again, mine a full road racer
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    The mini e revo can't take a beating sorry to say but its not a basher its more of a race car for small jumps nothing like the pede can take

RC Qualifier
    All good tips guys, but I got the Pede lol. What should I buy next ???? Slash then ? This cash is just burning a hole in my pocket Always on the lookout for the next truck

RC Qualifier
    You said your pede is brushed go brushless add some lipo's and you got a whole new truck! !

RC Qualifier
    Yes, but those are mods I can do to the Pede. Still wanna get another truck to the line up

RC Qualifier
    I like the Emaxx easy to get parts for, lots of suspension for rough ground and absorbing bumps/ jumps. I don't like the stampede, its a great kids truck but bounces around to much. I also like the nitros the Tmaxx of revo is the most fun you can have in a sand pit!!

RC Qualifier
    Questions of terrain do you live by?

Slash 2wd is what you should get
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I have a feild out back of my house and a ball park near by aslo I bash at. So hard pack to soft terrain

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Slash 2wd is what you should get

I have this truck already lol.

RC Competitor
    Get the 4x4 Slash or the new rally. Then you can put the slash tires on it and some bumpers and have a LCG 4x4 Slash any time you want.

RC Qualifier
    i have a pede 4x4 and the guys down the road have a revo 3.3, summit, stampede 2wd, and a jato
    i love my p4de and wouldnt trade it for ANYTHING, p4des can do almost anything, and if u get a p4de the say u like the look or style of a slash, get a slash chassis and a slah body and ur all set!!my p4de does
    1)jumps
    2)goes on ballpark and DRIFTS, hit a base and get 2 ft of air!
    3)can race
    4)good for snow with some masher or trencher tires
    5)anything else u really want to do with it
    i cant think of any reason i would get rid of my p4de, and u go buy a proline body, give it a good paintjob, and its twice as strong as the stock body, i did this b-cuz my stock bod cracked out on the 1st week!!!
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Qualifier
    What model (stampede) is P4de referring too ?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    What model (stampede) is P4de referring too ?
    I don't know when P4de started referring to the 4x4 Pede but i'm guessing that it is the 4x4 Pede......

RC Qualifier
    I have a 4x4 Pede with lots of hopups. Can include a mmp/2400 combo with only 2 runs on it. Pm me if interested

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, looking to buy brand new. Thanks tho. Im still stuck between the slash and Merv been reading all week long too lol

I'd go with the 4x4 Slash, Pede or Rally, all great choices. Rally for sure if you're driving mostly on hard pack or the street.

I'd recommend the Revo but I have one and it's too complicated for its own good.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    i'm sorry guys but...can any of ur pede do this?...now i have a merv...and yeah...that thing is indestructible...but...it doesn't bring me as much grin from ear to ear as my revo-e...

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I just wanted to share some pictures of me bashing my truck at my local spots

All these photos are snap shots taken from my 3 LST2 Diff Test videos I made...I really enjoyed making these videos for all to see .

RC Qualifier
    craig is one awesome dude...now this is a true basher...and there will never be a pede that can do this...

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    This is a continuation of post #146

This is video footage from 24/09/2012 which is what I called test 3.

At the end of the video I show you the race temp strip so you can get an idea of temps reached with 19/58 gearing.

I did a solid set of battery run with 2/3s from start to finish; the truck never had a break until the end...I was testing the impact the 19 pinion had with motor temps.

Esc settings were changed from original settings from the first test.

Punch set @ 30% and toque control set @ 7.5.

This is some skate park bashing and grass speed runs.

RC Qualifier
    btw...i have no idea what the heck is a pede...can some one tell me?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    btw...i have no idea what the heck is a pede...can some one tell me?
    Traxxas Stampede.

My take on this is that you either change your 2wd pede to a 4x4 vxl, or buy a pede 4x4 vxl, or if you do want a different truck to what you've already got then a slash 1/10 will probably give you more speed / bashing abilities and conquer more terrain than the merv. (not saying i don't like the merv, i just bought one, but it sounds like slash is more suitable to your plans).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cossack4 View Post
    Traxxas Stampede.

My take on this is that you either change your 2wd pede to a 4x4 vxl, or buy a pede 4x4 vxl, or if you do want a different truck to what you've already got then a slash 1/10 will probably give you more speed / bashing abilities and conquer more terrain than the merv. (not saying i don't like the merv, i just bought one, but it sounds like slash is more suitable to your plans).

What would someones plans be to purchase a Merv then. Why did you if I may ask ? To race ?

RC Qualifier
    I'd say Stampede 4x4

2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Well I pulled the trigger Saturday and couldnt be happier. I ended up going with my gut and getting the Slash 4X4. Heres what I got.

All in I was a shade over $700 with the 3s lipo and charger. And hoooooolly heck is this thing stupid FAST !!!!! Only down side is the guy at my LHS didnt sell me a new battery hold down for the Lipo and I gotta use zip ties for now lol. Anyone know what/where I can get this to secure my Lipo ????

Toadzrc has lots if traxxas parts and cheap shipping. That's a good combo.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Good choice!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4