RC Racer

Decided on being a sole slash 2wd owner

It is really for a selfish reason of teacing me to be a better driver. I have had 2wd slash before and got a jammin scrt10 and it in my opinion is the best short course truck around for racing because it feels like an 1/8 buggy, and i know that because i had one also. I also had a erbe and it was fun but the 4x4 and wide stance make up for poor driving skills and the power makes up for poor throtle control but i figure a vxl slash 2wd with a 2cell lipo will be the best and most rewarding rc for this point in my rc life

But i will be getting a 4x4 when i sell the merv or trade for one or another 2wd slash
    Last edited by chevyjlewis; 11-28-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

I think your right,I have two 2wd slashes,they are far more of a challenge.
    Not knocking the four wheelers at all,If you want to go out bashing,and just have a plane bad . . . truck,there great!
    However, they can be on the repair bench a bit more,and harder on the wallet when they're there.
    Either way, the slash is a fun low up keep,(depending on how you us it)truck.

Edited for bypassing the language filter. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out--do not try to get around the filter by inserting symbols.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-28-2012 at 08:28 PM.

RC Racer
    Having never run RC's before I bought the 2wd. Guy at the lhs said it would be more realistic to a real vehicle. Loved it so much I bought a second one.

Same thing here,bought one,loved it,found one used for sale with all the good up grades done,payed the long $$$ for it,but live and learn.

RC Racer
    4x4 makes up for control and driver skill with traction and grip. 2wd has the same power it is just knowing how to get it to the ground without spinning the tires off the line or fish tailing around a curve
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

Sorry bout that cooleocool,lessen learned

RC Racer
    Bad Billy-bones.
    Yea, I got my second one from CL. have upgraded the reciever, tires, servo. Will be putting the PL bellcranks soon. I like to mod my first one then take them both to the track and compare. If I like it I will do it to truck2.

I think you'll be surprised at how well the stock one does. Except for brute power from the velineon,the stock can hold its own.
    In fact at one race I was busy in the pits,A friend of mine took my stock slash(velineon)And put it in two first and one second place finish.That was against stock and mods. Ive said it before its 75% the man driving.
    I have at times, even seen 2wd beet 4wd, It's not always power,its skill,and consistence.
    He res a tip,don't try to hole shot off the starting line,let everyone else run into each other in the first and second turn.Then take your time and drive around them.Works more than you may think.

RC Racer
    I see the same thing at my track during practice. The guys with the brushed motors are flying from turn to turn and over the big jumps but many of them are crashing all the time. The brushed guy is just motoring around under control. I agree it is mostly driver.

The tortise gets the hare.

The man who owns or local hobby shop,has a slash,modified bet not by much. Hes thought me a lot.
    Just like everyone wants a 4wd slash,that's great,they are ow some,In fact I look forward to the day i can get one.
    But put a so so driver with a 4wd against a experienced driver with 2wd, on the track,and you'll be surprised what,patients and skill will show you.
    A good driver will walk a 2wd around a 4wd quite often.
    Like you said,while the 4wd is up side down, the 2wd drives on by.
    But I must say,to go out bashing,and just having fun,the four wheel slash is ow some!After xmas its on my list,right after my losi Nigh crawler,rtr.

How's it going Chevy?
    I'll try and send you a pic of my mod slash,The body's on,but it's got pl duel spring progressive shocks,pl performance trans tenko,drive shaft's and axle carriers, still velineon power,Castle one day,but the vel system kicks butt.On a 3s-25 to86 gearing,its hard to keep it under control.traxxas blue alui, caster blocks,pl performance steering kit,rpm,front&rear control arms,steering blocks.
    Blue skid plates(not installed yet)I put the rpm chrome bumpers and front plate on my stocker, in my opinion, the stock traxxas bumpers and trans protector are stronger.(my opinion[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG])
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Looks Good!