pro line steering set up

Any one heard is a good idea to get a rpm skid plate,because when you install the pro line steering system, the stock plate doesn't hold the screws that go thru the chassis very well?
    In fact,mine wont even snug up.
    I thought the screws were to short.
    But it came on the truck,so I don't know if the kit came with longer screws?
    But i measured them,and they seem correct.
    In fact much longer, they'd come thru the bottom.
    That's an idea,drill thru and nut it.
    Rather do it right.
    Thanks,all opinions welcome.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Thanks but the screws are still short.I went to the store,measured them against the ones in the kit,same length.
    Ive got rpm skid plates,9(not installed yet) but hear they hold the screws going thru the chassis better.
    I was going to wait for my aluminum pro line transmission case,and but them on then.
    I guess ill just put the front skid plate on for now.
    I might even go ahead,and run holes right through,and nut them?they'll stay put then.

RC Qualifier
    The RPM skidplate has an extra screw that comes down from the top, as is clearly shown in the above video. It also does not use screws to affix the bellcrank, it uses pegs, as is clearly shown in the above video. Good luck with the PL bellcrank. Mine lasted a month.

RC Qualifier
    Spend the 12 bux on the rpm skid plate and forget about it. I have never had a issue since.

Thanks guy's
    Like I said,Ive got the Rpm plate's.
    I was just waiting on my aluminum pro line trans case to install them.
    But now, with cbrsilv15 thread,my problem is solved.
    Thanks again everyone!

What broke? was it to tight?lose? it there any thing i can do to improve it? Perhaps aluminum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    The RPM skidplate has an extra screw that comes down from the top, as is clearly shown in the above video. It also does not use screws to affix the bellcrank, it uses pegs, as is clearly shown in the above video. Good luck with the PL bellcrank. Mine lasted a month.

RC Qualifier
    Billy, you might want to install one of these when the rear is apart.

http://prolineracing.com/performance...chassis-saver/

I don't consider myself to be that hard on my trucks, but I still cracked the chassis with a RPM skid already installed.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

Thanks. For $10 how can you go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky17 View Post
    Billy, you might want to install one of these when the rear is apart.

http://prolineracing.com/performance...chassis-saver/

I don't consider myself to be that hard on my trucks, but I still cracked the chassis with a RPM skid already installed.

RC Qualifier
    They where out of stock

RC Qualifier
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    What broke? was it to tight?lose? it there any thing i can do to improve it? Perhaps aluminum.
    The little "ears" for the screws to attach the toe links ripped on both sides within the month. The plastic is typical ProLine. Also, unless the saver spring is cranked all the way down, it does virtually nothing. Maybe they've made changes-- I bought mine direct from them the day it came out. The ruined parts still sit in the bottom of a bin. And a big part of why I no longer purchase ProLine in any form.

The screws go through the chassis into the pegs.Didn't need a video to tell that.I just said i bought it and someone had put it together like the stock version,when i tried to do it right,the two screws going thru the chassis were striped out. I remember someone saying use rpm skid,and it will be fine.I already had the rpms,was waiting for my aluminum pro line trans case to arive before i installed them.
    But thank you for the info.[ QUOTE=Dr. Isotope;5348724]The RPM skidplate has an extra screw that comes down from the top, as is clearly shown in the above video. It also does not use screws to affix the bellcrank, it uses pegs, as is clearly shown in the above video. Good luck with the PL bellcrank. Mine lasted a month.[/QUOTE]

I see. they say they have improved them,not sure how? And I will ad,I'm not real impressed with the transmission either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    The little "ears" for the screws to attach the toe links ripped on both sides within the month. The plastic is typical ProLine. Also, unless the saver spring is cranked all the way down, it does virtually nothing. Maybe they've made changes-- I bought mine direct from them the day it came out. The ruined parts still sit in the bottom of a bin. And a big part of why I no longer purchase ProLine in any form.

RC Competitor
    Ive been happy with my proline steering kit....when i first got it i had the stock front skidplate....well it didnt last long as i snapped the to pegs that hold the bellcranks clean off, since i have replaced with the RPM skid and I feel the steering and everything attached to it is solid as rock....but Dr. Isotope is correct, the servo saver doesnt do much unless cranked all the way down, but way better than the stock one....If the proline ever breaks i think ill go with the 4x4 bellcranks, im pretty sure they are similar to the proline but cheaper