Thread: new roller

RC Racer

new roller

so i received my roller a day early and now i can start building and adding some stuff in

Let the fun begin my friend i hope it all goes well for you dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Good times! Enjoy. Keep up with updates and pics. Thanks

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    wheres your huge parts order? everyone who has or is building a build posts their HUGE parts order, so lets hear it. hopefully you go with a castle motor!!!
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Racer
    well first up is change the shocks over the the 1/8 scale buggy shocks i got. i have an strc motor mount and plate coming in tomorrow. some proline beadlocks and im bidding on a CC motor so hopefully everything goes good. Ill update as i get stuff installed

RC Qualifier
    sounds like fun, get that thing out on the georgia beach!!!
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Qualifier
    That's exactly what I did

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Nice start! Take your time and snag as many deals as possible. No sense in rushing to finish cuz you'll end up over paying. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Competitor
    Cool, can't wait to see the final outcome.

RC Racer
    well its not one of these "big specialized builds" like some people do im just going to slowly keep changing parts and get it to suit my needs as the time arises instead of spending a bunch of money and still wanting to change something so ill do it as it fits my needs

well i swapped the shocks and threw a set of tires on although i dont have any electronics in but the suspension is to heavy duty and is putting a bind on the end of the drive shafts when i try to turn em by hand so if i tried to do it without more weight so im going to have to run the stock shocks until i can pick up a set of either prolines or traxxas big bores but either way i unfortunatly my 1/8 scale shocks just wont work without tearing my driveline apart.

stuck a lil tub of icy hot i had sitting on my coffee table to show how high up it stuck it with 1/10 sct wheels.

Last edited by cooleocool; 12-13-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrcdy View Post
    well its not one of these "big specialized builds" like some people do im just going to slowly keep changing parts and get it to suit my needs as the time arises instead of spending a bunch of money and still wanting to change something so ill do it as it fits my needs
    That's what it's about. Every bodies different, we all want it to our spec. That's the best part is seeing different builds or mods. It also helps me chose what I need. Personally, I want something semi-fast and bullet proof. Something my nephews, nieces and I can have fun with. I'm sure the other adults are going to want to jump in on the fun. Image that, a herd of P4des!

RC Racer
    well the STRC motor plate and motor mount arrived today so those are going in and than i get to start installing electronics.

Hi dude what motor and esc are you going to run??.....peace

RC Racer
    for right now im just going to run stock brushless setup but im bidding on a CC motor at the moment and i plan on trying to get a CC setup

It will keep you happy until you want more speed and run cooler but keep us updated on your build dude...peace

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrcdy View Post
    well i swapped the shocks and threw a set of tires on although i dont have any electronics in but the suspension is to heavy duty and is putting a bind on the end of the drive shafts when i try to turn em by hand so if i tried to do it without more weight so im going to have to run the stock shocks until i can pick up a set of either prolines or traxxas big bores but either way i unfortunatly my 1/8 scale shocks just wont work without tearing my driveline apart.

stuck a lil tub of icy hot i had sitting on my coffee table to show how high up it stuck it with 1/10 sct wheels.

You could do the nitro fuel tube mod inside the shocks to make them shorter. They'll still be nice and smooth.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Racer
    i probably will do that in the future but i dont have enough shock oil at the moment to do it at the moment so next time i make an order i gotta remember to pick some up so i can refill em.

RC Racer
    so i got great news and not so great news. i got the Pede up and running i was just outside freezing my fingers off to test it out. i was outside popping wheelies with one of my 1/16th scale lipos so i didnt have to long to play but either way shes up and running. but now for the bad news. i need a new servo or to rebuild the one i got but im thinking of just upgrading to a higher torque servo. so now for recommendations for the best servo for the pede. but now on the list is a new set of tires since im running a set of slash tires. a new shell to make it look amazing and the servo. so im up for ideas and suggestions. also need some nice lipos and i got my eye on a couple 6500 50c spc lipos.

RC Qualifier
    I run promatchracing 3s 5200 50c and they are awesome. And I'm not sure the exact model(I can check when I get home) but i use a high torque metal gear hitec servo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    id also like to maintain the waterproofness

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Not an inexpensive servo at 55 bucks, but has more than enough torque for your truck and is fully submergible up to one meter. Its digital, has metal gears and can take up to 7.4 volts.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXBJCE&P=8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Competitor
    Nice find. I like there servos. is 7.4v enough?
    Did someone say......MUD!!!

RC Racer
    7.4 would be enough at the moment i only plan on running 2s for the time being.