Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hey no it isnt RC-nightmare from youtube but i know stach35 we used to talk i am thenightmare217 and i bought the Grave digger truck and im looking around for a good cheap motor for my mini but it has to be 1/10 scale motor. i was thinking about tacon but i might just stick with my ezrun and run 2s and 3s on my homemade mount to run larger batteries!! i think it will be fun racing my friends stampede 4x4 vxl!!!

RC poster
    That's a sweet looking machine mate. I'm just about to dip the toes into the modification pool, so sussing what others are doing and then hit Ebay for parts (gotta try and stretch the $$). If i can end up with something halfway as nice as yours, i'll be happy. I'll keep an eye out for your buggy round town.

RC Champion
    I recently bought a used bandit, had the older square looking white and blue body.
    I upgraded it with rpm parts, 1/8 buggy wheels and x0-1 wheels, castle motor and esc, and new body.

With 1/8 scale sand paddles on the beach,

ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ned72 View Post
    That's a sweet looking machine mate. I'm just about to dip the toes into the modification pool, so sussing what others are doing and then hit Ebay for parts (gotta try and stretch the $$). If i can end up with something halfway as nice as yours, i'll be happy. I'll keep an eye out for your buggy round town.
    Cheers Ned. Once you start on the mod path, it's hard to stop! lol. Just take your time, work out where you'll be using her most of the time and go from there. Its exciting stuff!

I have a fair few spare parts after all my mods lol.

Thanks for the kind words
    Last edited by Stach35; 02-16-2013 at 03:44 AM.
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

RC Racer
    Zepher - gotta love doing the Bandits up! - there is so much out there for them in terms of mods and motor/esc combos etc. Its certainly an addiction for me

Nice run vids btw!

RC Champion
    I tried out 3S the other day and ran for about 10 minutes before the plastic transmission gears gave up.

Installed the metal ones,

RC Qualifier
    That's great! I loved the story, it's like a mini movie playing right in front of you! Also, the pictures are very high quality! What ccamera did you use to take them?

RC Racer
    Zepher - yeah the 3 cell lipo's are pretty powerful, the plastic version of the trans wouldn't have stood a chance lol, good to see you've got metal in her now . Also clear pics you have there. So much easier to see the details with the clear pics!.

Vladsly - Thank you for taking the time to share some of my journey, the latest stuff, eg black upper and lower chassis, new gearbox and servo etc all will be up soon. Hopefully some more run videos too - on grass and road.

For the photo's I used the 1100D canon with my 24-105 F4L IS lens. I usually use my 40D but the wheel on it needs some tlc. I also have a light tent for model / part shots with the white only back drop.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    I tried out 3S the other day and ran for about 10 minutes before the plastic transmission gears gave up.

Installed the metal ones,

Is that the stock planetary different? Did you seal it? I'm currently having issues where, on hard acceleration, my bandit lists always to the left. I thought I was some front alignment issues but even if I have the steering right biased it still goes left. I've read somewhere that by sealing the stock diff with thicker grease it'll help correct this (or by going to an aftermarket sealed diff).

RC Champion
    Ya, it's the stock differential, you have to assemble it yourself, and the instructions said to liberally fill the case up with the supplied grease.

The bandit listing to the left may be due to the weight of the motor since it does hang off to one side and causing the opposite wheel to slip and spin faster and balloons and pushes the car towards the left.
    thicker grease should correct the problem.

I am using my iPhone 4S to take pretty much all of my pictures now, since it is usually in my pocket.
    I do have a Canon 40D with a 17-50 f/2.8, I am usually dirty when working on the cars and don't want to clean my hands up just to take a few shots.

RC Racer
    Zepher - the Iphones & Galaxy S3 are good for pics on the fly! - good ole trusty 40D!

RC Racer
    Well, got some final photo's of Phoenix - The Super Bandit.

Got some shots of her with the new black upper and lower chassis, rear RPM Rustler A arms and cambers links etc. Also photo of the new High torque servo that will stay until I put in the last mod for this Bandit, which is the Protek 130S high torque/speed servo from A Main Hobbies.

Phoenix's display body arrived today in WA, all the way from Florida in the US of A. Roughly 2 weeks from purchase on Ebay to getting here in Western Australia. The only buyer I could find who sells Bandit bodies by them selves.

Loving the new Dejong body/wing. The black,red,white goes really well with the rest of it. Also have a few photo's with the grass cat wheels/tires. They look awesome on!.

Any how, on to the photo's!.

Can see the GoPro mount on this body - which is my run body.

The black chassis

The motor and new servo

The RPM rear rustler length A Arms/camber link etc

RC Racer
    Some posing images.

With the 4 channel TQi transmitter - no telemetry stuff yet.

Low down shot

Out on the grass front shot

Out on the grass rear 3/4 shot

Last edited by Stach35; 02-20-2013 at 12:40 AM.

RC Competitor
    really nice! there is a lot of work there!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kasapomashero View Post
    really nice! there is a lot of work there!
    Cheers mate!. I'm pretty sure I've replaced everything now except for the rear shock tower and front A arms. I do have the RPM and aluminium Slash Integy rear shock towers, but they do not have the wing mounts. Have been thinking about bending the wing wire to fit behind it, but will see how I go.

RC Competitor
    have you done anything to keep it from NOT wheeling all the time?
    i also have a BL bandit and the wheelies are getting really annoying!
    I am about to place some weights in the front

Awesome pictures of an awesome car.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kasapomashero View Post
    have you done anything to keep it from NOT wheeling all the time?
    i also have a BL bandit and the wheelies are getting really annoying!
    I am about to place some weights in the front
    You can set the wheelie bar to the lowest point, the front doesn't get much off the ground then, and im doing speed runs so gradually add on the speed. You could add some sticky lead weights to the front, for sure

Ive also relaxed the slipper clutch screw some so its not so wheelie prone

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Awesome pictures of an awesome car.
    Thanks Peter!

Rigs like this make me want my Bandit back.

The guy I sold mine to, put it on sale again already because he finds it too fast. Lol.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Rigs like this make me want my Bandit back.

The guy I sold mine to, put it on sale again already because he finds it too fast. Lol.
    The Bandit is an iconic buggy for me, i reckon in time it'll be as collectable as the ole Metro/Tyco Turbo Jet hopper 1:18 buggy.

If you can get her back for a good price, do it!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stach35 View Post
    Some posing images.

With the 4 channel TQi transmitter - no telemetry stuff yet.

Low down shot

Out on the grass front shot

Out on the grass rear 3/4 shot

Man that is so clean! it looks sooo good :3!!. My traxxas bandit is coming along too so when its all ready ill post a pic and what are those rims? can you give me a link. thanks.

RC Racer
    Cheers Mastermax!, I'm fastidious when it comes to keeping the Bandit clean. Being mainly a Street Bandit with the odd manicured grass oval run, she doesn't really see dirt or mud etc and never goes through water.

Post up a thread on your Bandit when she's done!, pics would be great .

Wheel wise, I got them from my local store, so will check out what they're called when I'm in there next . They do need a 6mm hex to fit them.

On another note - I have another project I started yesterday, running the Bandits previous HW set up and parts left over from the Bandit, a Rustler and a slash. Going to be a beast! .

Last edited by Stach35; 02-25-2013 at 08:22 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers Mastermax!, I'm fastidious when it comes to keeping the Bandit clean. Being mainly a Street Bandit with the odd manicured grass oval run, she doesn't really see dirt or mud etc and never goes through water.

Post up a thread on your Bandit when she's done!, pics would be great .

Wheel wise, I got them from my local store, so will check out what they're called when I'm in there next . They do need a 6mm hex to fit them.

On another note - I have another project I started yesterday, running the Bandits previous HW set up and parts left over from the Bandit, a Rustler and a slash. Going to be a beast! .

Woahh niceee!!!! and I would really appreciate if u looked for the tires ..... but i don't understand the 6mm hex? I have one of the original bandits that came with the MSC ... but ive since upgraded to brushless,lipo, metal transmission, 2.4GHz radio and stuff. But my car just has a pin before the wheel? no hexs or anything. Ps: you dont have a youtube account by any chance?

RC Racer
    I do have a you tube account under Stanislaw Rogalski. The hex nuts, sorry, are a 12mm size but 6mm deep, they fit over the pin on the shaft and can be clipped or screwed into place to allow one to fit wheels with hexagon shaped inner hub.

Bulldog body on after an hour of trimming... goingt o paint it a mix of red/black but which color is going to be predominant hmmm...

RC Enthusiast
    I do have a you tube account under Stanislaw Rogalski. The hex nuts, sorry, are a 12mm size but 6mm deep, they fit over the pin on the shaft and can be clipped or screwed into place to allow one to fit wheels with hexagon shaped inner hub.

Bulldog body on after an hour of trimming... goingt o paint it a mix of red/black but which color is going to be predominant hmmm...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBAHG is that the hexs you are talking about? so if i buy them i could fit a more range of wheels? thanks for replying ( I'm still a newb) oh and that looks awesome cant wait to see it painted!... i'm going to be painting my bandit blue and make it like yours

RC Racer
    Hey MasterMax - Yeah basically those and or like these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-4-Slash-4x4 except mine have a split in them to add more tension to the the stub axles. Yes they allow you to fit wheels with the 12mm hex pattern on the back inner side.

Yep... still thinking about a good scheme to paint the bulldog body... hmmm...

A blue Bandit similar to mine would be very cool, I have a thing for red/white and black it seems lol.

Look forward to seeing some images!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey MasterMax - Yeah basically those and or like these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-4-Slash-4x4 except mine have a split in them to add more tension to the the stub axles. Yes they allow you to fit wheels with the 12mm hex pattern on the back inner side.

Yep... still thinking about a good scheme to paint the bulldog body... hmmm...

A blue Bandit similar to mine would be very cool, I have a thing for red/white and black it seems lol.

Look forward to seeing some images!
    If i get those hex hubs do i have to do anything else to the car? or will i then be able to fit your rims? and these are the ones i would buy because they are blue http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Adapter-Blue-4
    Last edited by MasterMax144; 02-27-2013 at 01:11 AM.

RC Racer
    No, the hex's will fit right over the stub axles and pins. I wouldnt get those ones with the raised side, go for flat ones.

On another note - DARKRAYNE is in the house! - all painted and stickered!

Last edited by Stach35; 02-27-2013 at 02:05 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    No, the hex's will fit right over the stub axles and pins. I wouldnt get those ones with the raised side, go for flat ones.

On another note - DARKRAYNE is in the house! - all painted and stickered!

Man that looks amazing! eventually though you should get the black motor your bandit has
    and are these better hexs? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Adapter-Set-2 they are more flat im preety sure. Also after i buy those hexs would i be able to run rims like these? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-2-9mm-Offset ... thanks for helping man i really appreciate it c:

RC Racer
    Yep, black HW motor or a tekin in red.

Maybe these i think- http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Adapter-Set-4 Yea youd be able to run wheels like the ones above, though you'd need to adjust your gearing with bigger tires on.

RC Racer
    Very nice again the black chassis makes the car look so much better. hows the PL gearbox holding up compared to stocker?

RC Racer
    So far so good Jeremy, I've put the metal idler in to beef it up some, even though the nylon idler was fine.

RC poster
    No worries mate, and it looks better each time i see it. Well first lot of parts are ordered, just waitin on those to arrive from the states. But i,m gettin withdrawals because it seems i managed to cook my motor, so now i'm gonna have to go brushless a little sooner than i planned. I've been lookin at a couple, a Hobbywing kit like you initially had and a Sky RC Toro kit. Any thoughts? (Any others reading, please chip in.) By the way the new beast looks way cool.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ned72 View Post
    No worries mate, and it looks better each time i see it. Well first lot of parts are ordered, just waitin on those to arrive from the states. But i,m gettin withdrawals because it seems i managed to cook my motor, so now i'm gonna have to go brushless a little sooner than i planned. I've been lookin at a couple, a Hobbywing kit like you initially had and a Sky RC Toro kit. Any thoughts? (Any others reading, please chip in.) By the way the new beast looks way cool.
    I have a Sky Rc toro 9T 4370kv brushless motor combo and it goes preety good for the price! $50 off ebay

RC poster
    Cheers MasterMax, sort of where my thoughts were, a good step off point to get rollin again cheaply, then move up a grade or two later. Thanx for the input.

RC Racer
    Hmm.. seems my post didn't last.. or has disappeared after posting last night my time... what the??...

Anyways, I've seen a good HW kit on eBay etc for around $85.. for what you're getting its great bang for your buck.

RC poster
    Yeah, thats where i've been lookin. just depends how much pocket money the boss gives out. lol. toss up between HW & Sky kits.

RC Racer
    I hear ya!.

Saw another fella here in Bunbury yesterday with one of the A Main big league t shirts on - other than myself he's the first one I've seen with another

RC Enthusiast
    Stach35 i got a new body for my bandit which i will be painting on the weekend ... but im still dont understand hexs. Like how do those 12mm hex things allow the nice rims? I would love for you to explain ... Ill have pics up in 3 weeks or so after some more parts come and after i get some nicer rims.