RC Racer

How can I help my titan 12T last?

I got my slash going yesterday on 2s and I realized it probably wont last very long like that. What sort of
    Maintenance/precautions should I take to make the motor last. Only reason I am keeping it brushed is for spec racing.
    Traxxas E-MAXX
    Traxxas Slash

Well... It really depends on the components in the motor

Mine still works and I beat it to the ground. Was my "ditch buddy" .
    Let's just say I put it back in my slash specially for driving through 8" of water/mud...
    A little of topic there...

I seen on the rc car action book that if you put some toothpaste on the end bushing that it will free them up.
    After re oil bushings and spray motor with motor spray.
    So run it for like 5 minutes
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Its brand spanking new off the shelf so I shouldn't have to re-oil it yet right?
    Traxxas E-MAXX
    Traxxas Slash

Well I just got that info strait from that book.. Never actually "broke" mine in
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    The Titan is a bushed motor, you need to oil the bushings before every run. And it might last a few months, or it might last a few races. I had one go until a brush completely disintegrated, and had another go ten packs and give up the ghost. If you're going to stay brushed, pick up some cheap brushed motor (like an HPI Firebolt) and use that for bashing, and save the Titan for racing.

Make sure to clean out the dirt/dust out of it after every 2-3 runs or so, and don't slam into reverse going forward, and vise versa. Keep the end bushings well lubed too, in will help it last longer, and give you a tiny bit more power due to less friction. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Not to be funny, but I've heard people say they last a week,some months.
    Like any thing how well you maintain it makes the difference.
    For the easiest way,at $18 or so bucks each,and don't forget,they cant be re-brushed.Would be go buy two or three,If your going to keep running them?
    Ran mine once,oiled it up, but in my box with the xl-5.But it wasn't a bad running motor,just remember the better it keeps running,the closer it is to its end.Because the brushes will where to there max connecting surface point half to three quarters of there length,that's were breaking a brushed motor in pays off,and bushings don't turn,oil it as much as possible.
    There are brushed motors just as fast as brush less,just higher maintenance.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Hear you can barrow mine[IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Hey, what kind of oil do you put in the bushings?
    Can i have a link?

RC Racer
    Make sure you break it it. There are several You Tube videos on how to do this with the different methods. My first motor I did not break in and I can tell a difference between that and the one I did( I used the water method)

As far as oil, i just put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bushings and turn the motor a few times.

Not sure if this is right, but it is what I took away from all of the posts and stuff that I read.