RC Qualifier

New packs from SPC

Just got done parusing SPC's site and it looks like they have just come out with a couple new battery options. Pertaining to us summiters looks like the 8200mah 30C got replaced with a 8000mah 50C?

Good prices too!

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Im so ordering these!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Racer
    So I just ordered the 8200mAh, 30C, 2S, 7.4V that these new ones are replacing. Am I going to be disappointed with them?? Is the main difference between the two just the amount of time to charge them??

RC Qualifier
    So those batteries are 400 amps. 8000mah x 50C = 400,000 / 1,000 = 400 amps. Is that right? And for only $45 each.
    Last edited by woog421; 11-27-2012 at 06:21 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by woog421 View Post
    So those batteries are 400 amps. 8000mah x 50C = 400,000 / 1,000 = 400 amps. Is that right? And for only $45 each.
    Yes and no.

They are 8 amp hour packs that have a maximum peak discharge of 400 amps.

If you put an 8 amp load (roughly 60 Watts at 7.4 volts) across this battery it should run for one hour. 4 amp load for two hours etc.

As a comparison my 14S helicopter packs are 5000 mAh 65C and I have logged them at 195 Amps. That's around 11000 Watt peaks but the batteries have a maximum peak discharge of 325 Amps (65C x 5 Ahrs).

Remember these are quoted best expected peaks. Rarely do lipos live up to the specs and if you constantly over draw them in amps and capacity you will get puffy packs that don't live very long. Balance charge all the time.
    Jayson
    Summit BL HW SC8 2000kV
    E-Revo MM2 2200kV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    So I just ordered the 8200mAh, 30C, 2S, 7.4V that these new ones are replacing. Am I going to be disappointed with them?? Is the main difference between the two just the amount of time to charge them??
    I don't think you will be. The 200 mAh difference will be minimal in charge and run times. The packs you bought have a good reputation around here and are the ones I planned on buying myself.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    The amount of time to charge them at the same C rate is the exact same.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I guess I got the last remaining 2s 8200mah 30c batches
    I ordered 2 packs and they're arriving tomorrow(not looking forward to the guy in the brown truck but looking forward to these SPC packs)
    These packs are Probally a lot better for those erbl or those amp hungry brushless system

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by happymachinist View Post
    I don't think you will be. The 200 mAh difference will be minimal in charge and run times. The packs you bought have a good reputation around here and are the ones I planned on buying myself.

Good to know! The only reason I went the SPC route was because of the comments I have read out here, and after talking with Tom for about 30 minutes, I am glad I did. Super nice guy with a lot of knowledge and willing to answer all the questions I had!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    The amount of time to charge them at the same C rate is the exact same.
    That's kinda what I was hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddykins View Post
    I guess I got the last remaining 2s 8200mah 30c batches
    I ordered 2 packs and they're arriving tomorrow(not looking forward to the guy in the brown truck but looking forward to these SPC packs)
    These packs are Probally a lot better for those erbl or those amp hungry brushless system
    I ordered 4 of them and they should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I think we cleared out the remaining stock.

Very happy with my 8200's
    ups was not all that kind to me....at the door.....lol but very happy with the batts

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Your not going to notice ANY performance difference in your summit... Ive run the 8200's in my summit (nearly 2 hour run times when crawling and trail running) and ive run them in my ERBE (almost 1 hour of hard bashing) and they only get warm in the ERBE and don't even change temperature in the summit. Great packs.

On the other hand, the 8000mah 50C packs wont offer any noticeable decrease in run times and may be a bit better in a higher draw system like an ERBE.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ