Thread: S1 Tires

RC Racer

S1 Tires

I noticed the S1 compound rally tires are available at Horizon. Would they have more grip for dirt racing?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    I noticed the S1 compound rally tires are available at Horizon. Would they have more grip for dirt racing?
    Yes they are a softer compound for racing. They will wear much quicker on asphalt and pavement and grip that better too.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    From my experience with the s1 tires from my slash, they are still long wearing. They are still harder than prolines m2 compound, but softer than the stock tires These will prob be a better than stock all terrain bashing compound, and outlast most aftermarket tires on the road.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    Thanks! I will probably buy these since I wanted to stay with the original tire size. It's sort of frustrating how short course tires are slightly too big.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I should have my HPI Maxxis Trepadors in a few days... they are supposed to be nearly identical to stock. They might be a better solution if you want to run onroad but not have your tires wear out too quickly.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I should have my HPI Maxxis Trepadors in a few days... they are supposed to be nearly identical to stock. They might be a better solution if you want to run onroad but not have your tires wear out too quickly.
    Do the Tredapors Fit on the stock rally rim?

RC Racer
    And did you get D or S compound?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I got the harder of the two compounds and yes, trepadors fit on stock rims.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Let us know Pave, how those work out for ya. I have another set of stockers on their way. I like how they run, but not liking how fast they wear. After another 2 packs yesterday, I am at about 30% tread. And it's cold here, I can only imagine how fast they would wear in summer months. My guess, 5-6 packs and they would be toast.

Still haven't run the sweep tires. Waiting on a warmer/dry day lol. Which might be a while considering the weather on the good old vancouver island (rain, more rain and more rain)
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Do d and s mean drift and soft?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    i have the matadors i think if they are the stock on blitz's.... I tore them UP on my slash 4x4 put em on like brand new ran mix of asphalt and dirt, and i probably wore the rear down to half, in a matter of 2 packs.. and the fronts down some less but still noticable

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by raw111 View Post
    i have the matadors i think if they are the stock on blitz's.... I tore them UP on my slash 4x4 put em on like brand new ran mix of asphalt and dirt, and i probably wore the rear down to half, in a matter of 2 packs.. and the fronts down some less but still noticable
    Do you mean the Trepadors?