RC poster

Summit or brushless emaxx

Hey guys, i have a couple questions. I love scale rc and rock crawlers but i love to go fast too. I like the remote dif lock that the summit has but i dont like how slow it is. Can you put a brushless system in the summit and still keep the remote diff lock? Also im guessing u have to take first gear out if u get a brushless eh? Anyways i was dead set on just getting a brushless emaxx but was just thinking about the summit because i have always liked it

RC Competitor
    I love crawlers as well and i am planning on putting a tekin t8 in a summit so it will go like a brushless e-revo but (in theory) in first with the locked difs and sensord motor its should crawl like a summit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You do not have to do anything to the transmission to go brushless.
    There are parts on the Summit that will not handle full-on brushless power... it takes some finesse. Also, plan on getting different tires if you are going to exceed 30mph or so... the stockers just simply are not up to the task at those speeds.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    E-Maxx...noobs say.

RC poster
    Yeh if I an throw a brushless setup in there and keep the dif lock and thrans then I may just go summit then I could run 3s or something to wear its not to fast and break stuff all the time

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Again, you don't have to worry about the transmission.

The only way you can make the transmission fail is for you to neglect the bearings within the transmission or for you to shift it while under power. The transmission can handle brushless power just as well as the ERBE and EMBE, as they are the exact same thing; except with the addition of the lower gear set.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 11-28-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.