Thread: Slash 4x4 help!

RC Qualifier

Slash 4x4 help!

Ok guys bear with me this will be painfully confusing but I will try my best to keep it simple as possible. Ok so for Christmas I am going to ask for a slash 4x4 Vxl tqi mike Jenkins edition from tower hobbies. As my cart currently sits like this:
    Slash 4x4 Vxl
    Vxl-3s esc fan
    Trx battery expansion kit
    Aluminium shock caps
    Integy twin fan for 4x4 slash
    Novak y harness (for esc and motor fan duel connection)
    Rpm black rear bumper
    Rpm mud flaps
    Rpm front bumper
    Red strc aluminum hexes
    Novak thermal heat transfer grease.
    Total: 548.09 Canadian.

Ok so that was the easy part. Suggestions about what to take out or add to cart welcome.
    So I have split six rims with the red bead locks with proline trenchers on them (I bash only BTW) I wasn't worried about offset so I ordered slash 2wd rears for the front and back for my 2wd slash. I was wondering if the 2wd rears will work for my 4x4 slash without any problems? I know the offset for the 4x4 would be off with the 2wd rears but I wouldn't be too concerned because like I say I only bash. Also the reason for the whole wheel thing is that I am worried that if I use my 2s and 3s lipos I will rip the glue off my stock tires that come with the truck because that happened to me with my 2wd when I first upgraded to lipos.

Anyways thanks for bearing with me if you made it this far haha. I am welcome to suggestions and comments feel free to post pics of your current fan setups or wheel configurations or whatever!

RC Racer
    rpm a arms and more lipos.

www.gonitrohobbies.com

RC Qualifier
    Wow you seem set i wonder what i am getting for christmasss you gunna send me something LOL nice

RC Qualifier
    +1on the mip's have front and rear on mine also good set of aftermarket shocks or springs i run powerstrokes

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    For the MIP's, I'd say only get rear. Weight shifts backward when you accelerate, putting more stress on the rear axles. I've broken multiple rears and upgraded, and my fronts are from the factory.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    Wow you seem set i wonder what i am getting for christmasss you gunna send me something LOL nice
    Haha well I am paying for over half of it. There budget for the fam is like 200 bucks so the rest I have to pay. It's more like a 200 dollar discount for me lol! Anyways unfortunately I can't send you anything unless you want to buy my 2wd slash?!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zball94 View Post
    For the MIP's, I'd say only get rear. Weight shifts backward when you accelerate, putting more stress on the rear axles. I've broken multiple rears and upgraded, and my fronts are from the factory.
    Ok we'll I bash pretty hard so I will see if I can get those. What are we thinking about the wheel situation at the moment? I have plenty lipos. I just spent over 100 dollars on a 2s and a 3s lipo from spc and there both over 5000 mah and 50c so yeah I'm good there.

RC Qualifier
    I would go with the STRC, a little cheaper than the MIP's work great for me

I will give you a big piece of advice now! You do not want the dual motor fan setup! It will overload the bec in your esc. Which will cause your truck to freeze in place with no throttle or steering. A single fan setup will work fine for you
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I would definately get mips. Excellent product, and if anything does happen, they have great customer service
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Racer
    If I may add my 2 cents... I've had MIP axles on my slash in the past... The "new" keyed hex hubs are garbage..!! You will round out a lot of wheels with those... The axles themselves are OK at best... Lots of little peices to put together.. If you go with MIP axles pretty please use the red loctite on all the little grub screws...

For approximately the same money you could get yourself a set of XO-1 axles which in my opinion are a lot better and WILL WORK on a slash 4x4...!!! Fewer parts and no need to Loctite anything.. I got mine off Ebay for $95....

Hope that helps

RC Competitor
    You cannot run a series connector with the VXML you will melt it!!!!!!

Sc love!!!

RC Qualifier
    what do you mean the series connector? you mean the novak y harness?

RC Qualifier
    So I changed the dual fan to a single. Keep the suggestions coming people! Thx for all who have so far. I think I will stick with stock drive shafts at the moment.

RC Qualifier
    So what are we thinking about the whole tire situation?

Sent from my super super fast iPhone 4S in white!

RC Enthusiast
    i just broke my front axles even though they are integy garbage. going to get mip for fronts for both my trucks

Get mips all round dont worry about a arms till you break them and run the fan for your motor from receiver battery port. and just so you know the round hex prob has been sorted also get a kingshead motor mount if yours is not aluminium it dissipates heat better....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok and like I say I don't want to get it to heavily modded right away but there are some things that I need to order with it.