RC Enthusiast

Bought a summit today :) got a few questions :)

I have to start off by saying this thing is a BEAST
    I got a very good deal on a second hand 2011 summit in mint condition

I allready have a track around my house which i used to drive my Axial scx10 on. But now i need to make a new track... Its to easy with this beast

Now for my questions.
    Do i need to get a lipo cutoff to use lipo batteries? or is it built in the esc? ( evx-2 esc )

Is there a way to turn off that i have to push rewers 2 times to make it go backwards?

I have a computer charger and i was wondering if it is possible to use a parallel connector on the stock batteries to charge them as 1?

Lots of questions here but just trying to learn

RC Qualifier
    Question 1- It should have LVD if it's a 2011. Look on the esc and see if it says Low Voltage Detection... If so, go through the manual and turn that on.

Question 2- There probably is, but that's a good way to strip gears real fast.

Question 3- If your charging from a computer, it won't supply enough power. Get a better charger and put a parallel connector and it should do the trick. Don't quote me on this though. I could be wrong.

Now go out and have some fun!!! Congrats on the purchase of the best RC in the World!
    Last edited by TraxxasSummitCrawler; 11-26-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Enthusiast
    The charger is pretty good i think.. its a b6ac-pro computer charger..

I dont se low voltage detection on the esc anywhere.. so i guess that means its not a 2011?

Can i but a cutoff on ebay maybe? Not sure where to look for it here in Norway

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    If the charger is good, you could definately do it. If no LVD, just check eBay, they have lots of good deals!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Stock NiMh packs SHOULD NOT be charged in parallel or series. There is absolutely no way to stop from overcharging one of the packs and undercharging the other.

LVA's are available on eBay for cheap... less than $5 usually.

If the Summit came with a TQi, it had LVD. It was a rolling change, no change in part number of the Summit, only a letter addition to the part number of the ESC, the name remained the same. The LVD EVX2 was not available until around March of 2012.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Probably a stupid question. But TQi?
    It has the 2,4ghz controller if thats what u mean?

RC Qualifier
    TOld ya not to quote me, but the Tqi is the newest tx and rx set up...http://traxxas.com/products/parts/tr...traxxaslink4ch

RC Enthusiast
    Ahh now i see. It does not have the bnew tqi. So i will be buying a lvd

On another note. My esc does a high pitch whine noise when i turn it on and it dont go away neither. Is that normal?

That sounds like the steering servos fighting each other for center,does the noise continue when the front of the truck is lifted off the ground?if so then the servos need to be adjusted to stop them from fighting each other to the death
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Nice buy, but we need pics!!! THOSE TRUCKS ARE THE GREATEST.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Though no-one has mentioned, I figured I'd clear it up: He is not charging from a COMPUTER, but a "computerized" charger. It can do up to 6s balanced, and does all the other battery types.

As Jimmie said, no you cannot charge two nimhs as ONE, and your charger only has one charge output. Some have multiples, and on those you would be able to, but again not yours! =)

Enjoy the truck - as if I have to say that!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    That sounds like the steering servos fighting each other for center,does the noise continue when the front of the truck is lifted off the ground?if so then the servos need to be adjusted to stop them from fighting each other to the death
    It does persist even if i lift the front of the ground. so i dont think its the stearing servoes. but il check that 100% later today

Thank´s to all of you who replied to my tread Great community

RC Enthusiast
    So i found out it was the servos battling it out. So i managed to fix the problem. But its not 100% when i turn right the sound comes back and persists until i turn the other way.
    Anyone got a tip on how to get it 100%?

Is it normal for the stock tiers to have alot of "throw" in them?