RC Racer

3906 Maxx going brushless

Hi I have a old 3906. And I was wanting to breath some new life into my old model. I installed a Tacon 3500KV 3660 and a 120amp ESC. I have been driving and testing it for a week now on 2s lipo. I have had no problems with heat, and it is a torque monster with 66 spur, and 17 pinion. Granted this is a very mild brushless set up compared to some of the 1/8 scale motors. But it makes me happy and, I am now happy to use my Maxx again. The brushed motors I was using was the Trinity Monster Maxx wild version, and this was good, befroe I knew what brushless was.

RC Qualifier
    good job man here is my 3906 with a velineon in it

RC Racer
    Looks good man. What gearing are you running? And what battery are you using? I switched my ESC last night to the VXL-3s and it seems to run cooler. I will try to post pictures of my 3906 tonight. This can be the place to support 3906 maxx trucks.

RC Qualifier
    im running an 18/66 on a 3200 30 c hardcase 3s lot of fun im running t-maxx metal integy heavy duty rear axels and 3905 center plastic drive shafts cut down thing runs great and never over heat i bash in 1st gear and race in second cinnabun has seen the truck run it really moves for what it is

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    good job man here is my 3906 with a velineon in it

I'm looking to do that to mine... Doesn't it run good with power??? And what about heat???

RC Qualifier
    It run really well actually it will wheelie in first or second im 120 on the motor and 110 ish on the speed controller playing in first gear second gear get alittle hotter by about 10 degrees im going to radar it this weekend im hoping for 40 mph in second

RC Racer
    What spur and pinion are you using? And what battery? And are you using the stock trans, and axles? I switched to a 1200kv motor on 3s lipo, it is slower then the 3500kv on 2s but the run times are much longer. And the 1200kv is still faster then the Trinity Monster Maxx motors on 12 nimh. I am going to save up and get a 2200kv or somewhere around that kv. Sorry about no pictures yet. I have not had the time to post them. I hope this post is helpful for everyone with a 3906 and I would be happy to answer any question about this model.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JustynKace View Post
    What spur and pinion are you using? And what battery? And are you using the stock trans, and axles? I switched to a 1200kv motor on 3s lipo, it is slower then the 3500kv on 2s but the run times are much longer. And the 1200kv is still faster then the Trinity Monster Maxx motors on 12 nimh. I am going to save up and get a 2200kv or somewhere around that kv. Sorry about no pictures yet. I have not had the time to post them. I hope this post is helpful for everyone with a 3906 and I would be happy to answer any question about this model.
    look at post #4

RC Racer
    Here is a picture of my Emaxx. 1200kv motor 66 spur 21 pinion. Next I am going to install a spool in the rear, and upgrade the servo from the 2075 to something with more torque.

RC Qualifier
    not bad i have a vid on another thread of the truck running 48 on radar with a vxl

RC Racer
    Wow 48 is fast with a Emaxx. Mine is only about 20mph with a 3s lipo. I am going to cut the motor plate where I can use one 2s lipo in each battery tray. It should be a little faster. I decided to use a 1200kv 550 motor for the torque, cause I use the truck for hill climbing. On 3s the motor has never got about 114*f with 66 spur/ 21 pinion. And the ESC stays around 100*f. I can't wait to use the 4s, just not sure what ESC to use.

RC Qualifier
    yeah it moves pretty good what ecs are you looking at or do you have and thats a really low kv and we do hill climbs but there almost a hard pack clay from big truck packing it down

RC Racer
    I have a mamba max pro, but will probably use it in a different car. I may get a hobbywing ESC and run it on 4s. Yea the low kv motor is great. Super long run times, and all the torque you could ever need. I climb everything with it, from loose dirt to hard packed dirt. I built the truck just for climbing, and wheelies. And with the low kv rating, it does not cog. It is almost as smooth as my sensored novak system.

RC Qualifier
    what size can is the motor i would get an et3 from traxxas on ebay for 60 bucks same as a mmp now thats just me im not in to the china stuff always have bad luck

RC Racer
    The motor I am using is a 550 can 1200kv. The ET-3s is only for 3s lipo max, and the BEC is not very strong. It is a cheaper version of the Mamba Max pro. And almost all of Castle Creations products is made in china, so I don't know why you said that comment, about not being in to the "China Stuff". I have Castle ESC, Hobbywing, and other brands of ESC. And they all preform great. The main reason I wouldn't want castle for the E-maxx is I don't want to run a external bec. The hobbywing has a strong bec, so my heavy duty servo will be more happy with it.

RC Qualifier
    gotcha i never have had a problem with a castle bec but then agian i dont like or run savox servos or anything like that i run mostly jr and spectrum servos ,and the hobby wing,talcon (didnt know we could type those names sorry )is what i meant about china stuff .the reason i said that is i have run my mmp with a 2400 in a summit on 6s and lived i cant say the same for the other thing that i might have traded with less know electronics in them if you ready baldy daniels truth about et-3 they actually will handle more than 3s i was just given a suggestion

Hobbywing wp sc8 ESC might be good to look at its waterproof as well. I've been running mine with any trouble on 4s and temps are coop never going about 114-116 geared with a 2000kv motor 21/65.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Cool. What motor are you using with you emaxx? And what model is you Maxx?

I have 4274 2000kv xerun hobbywing motor this combo http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...mbo-ME222.html
    this what the optional motor i will later on with the right esc to run 4-8s lipo with that motor. http://www.rcecho.com/LEOPARD-RC-Mod...tor-IM152.html
    my emaxx is the brushless edition 3908 got it as a roller.
    DEU 8:18 ESV