RC Competitor

kinda lost on tune

Had my tmaxx out last night and it was dying after a high speed pass when i would let off throttle. Then i wud have to give ut alot of gas to start it. It progressivly got worse starting it almost full throttle to start. It was idleing fine an if i wud give it more then half throttle it wud sputter an die. Now i have fought with leak issues in the past on this motor an have sealed the motor and have new tank on it with new lines. And the glow plug was good. Kinda stumped here. Anybody got ideas or thoughts?
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Competitor
    May try setting everything back to factory settings and tune from there.

Fuel good?
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....

RC Racer
    http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/misc/tuning-flowchart.pdf

I printed this flowchart and had it laminated at Staples. I don't leave home without it.

RC Enthusiast
    Great flow chart! Copied it immediately. Thanks for the info!

RC Competitor
    well i got it set back to factory settings and tuned from there. seems alot better. idle is a little erratic but better. the problem now is that from a dead stop or even rolling, when i go WOT, it has a massive bog then takes off. im confused. i tried leaning an richening the HSN and doing the same to the LSN. its a brand new losi carb that i sealed along with the motor. my old carb on it did the same thing. whats the problem? help ideas...please. im about to shelf this tmaxx and part it out.

RC Competitor
    Nobody?
    Had to edit this post, if you are wanting to sell Traxxas items it needs to be in the marketplace section of the forums...
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 12-04-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Trying to possibly sell items

Quote Originally Posted by outlawbrett View Post
    well i got it set back to factory settings and tuned from there. seems alot better. idle is a little erratic but better. the problem now is that from a dead stop or even rolling, when i go WOT, it has a massive bog then takes off. im confused. i tried leaning an richening the HSN and doing the same to the LSN. its a brand new losi carb that i sealed along with the motor. my old carb on it did the same thing. whats the problem? help ideas...please. im about to shelf this tmaxx and part it out.
    So how many seconds are you getting on the pinch test? I bet you will need around 4 seconds... But it's a Losi carb, it's not going to have the same factory settings as a TRX carb,,,, that's one thing you need to consider... Unfortunately you would need to get with Losi for support on their carbs...

Erratic idle means a lean condition or leak somewhere...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor
    Ive got the idle better then what it was. My problem now is the real bog when snapping to WOT. And i know factory settings on losi carb are different. LSN is set around 3 or maybe 4 sec on pinch test. Im kinda considering a leak. Im gonna check my
    Exhaust today for a leak. It just seems like with the bog its getting to much air? I even richened the HSN to 6 seconds an it still bogged.

Quote Originally Posted by outlawbrett View Post
    Ive got the idle better then what it was. My problem now is the real bog when snapping to WOT. And i know factory settings on losi carb are different. LSN is set around 3 or maybe 4 sec on pinch test. Im kinda considering a leak. Im gonna check my
    Exhaust today for a leak. It just seems like with the bog its getting to much air? I even richened the HSN to 6 seconds an it still bogged.
    Bogging is usually due to a rich condition... Try leaning the HSN a tad and see if it improves....

I find if I have to Richen the LSN sometimes I need to Lean the HSN a little.... THis is of coarse when dealing with a new set up.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous