Thread: Tire glue...?

RC Racer

Tire glue...?

I bought my big joes used. They were glued well. Or so I thought. I got one water logged and it spun free, and hasnt stayed glued since.

Curious what glue do you use? Any tips or tricks for application?
    T-maxx 2.5 | T-maxx 3.3 | T-maxx pro.15

RC Qualifier
    I use AKA tire glue for my new MERV tires. Worked well
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    I keep seeing it listed as CA Glue? Think it means Cyanoacrylate glue, or Krazy Glue I think Super Glue too, I could not figure it out so I bought some Loctite Professional Super Glue it ran me like $5 but gives ya .75 fl oz rather then the .07 or something next to nothing most bottles tubes have. The Loctite Professional states it is good for Plastic,wood,rubber, etc .etc. I used Rubbing alcohol 90% to clean the Tires and rims well and so far they have stayed connected.
    As a matter of fact 2 days ago I was spinning donuts (like they do on Monster Jam) in wet leaves on pavement and my T-Maxx was hitting second and I noticed the Tires were doing the Top Fuel Expand 3X their height thing which looked really weird and the tires are still glued well. they surely would of flew off or came unglued at those extreme Forces had this glue not held well.
    I have never seen a RC vehicle tires ever do that before either, kinda scred me I was waiting for one to shred so I stopped doing donuts but think I will do some more maybe figure out a way to video it.
    Last edited by spudler_t; 11-30-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: I have a bad habit of reversing letters
    T-Maxx 3.3 :)

RC poster
    My Stock Groundpounder tires will do that when it gets up to full speed.

Tire CA glue is slightly different than regular Super Glue, it is slightly more flexible...

I wrote up a tire mounting how to a while ago, gluing instructions and how to prepare your tires and rims is something I would go over...

Also if you mudding or getting those Big Joes good and wet,, try putting some holes in them when they are off the rim.. Use a drill bit and make holes into the tire itself, as it spins the water will be slowly forced out.... Don't do this while it is on a rim, it will mess up the foams....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t=Tire+Glueing

Oh and those Big Joes,,,, most people have to gear the TMAXX's down in order to handle those monster sized tires....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    Thats not the first time ive heard that about the gearing... Ive got about a gallon through them. Wheelies like a champ and goes plenty good. I could not imagine this truck with stock tires on it. I put the big joes on it back before I swapped in the 3.3 when it had the blown 2.5
    T-maxx 2.5 | T-maxx 3.3 | T-maxx pro.15