RC poster

Is the new TQi problematic....before I buy a new 1/16 e-revo?

I am considering getting back into RC. I am thinking about buying a new E-revo 1/16 and I guess it comes with the newer TQi radio system. Been reading a few unfavorable posts, does the rx/tx system have problems? Id hate to buy a new product and have issues. If so, maybe Ill consider the older TQ system because I dont have apple products (although I am sure I can borrow an itouch if its just an update).

THX

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by elite. View Post
    I am considering getting back into RC. I am thinking about buying a new E-revo 1/16 and I guess it comes with the newer TQi radio system. Been reading a few unfavorable posts, does the rx/tx system have problems? Id hate to buy a new product and have issues. If so, maybe Ill consider the older TQ system because I dont have apple products (although I am sure I can borrow an itouch if its just an update).

THX
    Hi. Yes there are some issues described in this forum and on other forums. The app seems loose connection with phone / receiver after firmware update. read:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...no-green-icons!

I would go for the old system or skip the docking base and go for the new TQi controller.

RC poster
    I actually thought there was a problem with the rx/tx itself. It seems from what you are saying, its more the telemetry stuff giving the problems, but im not really at the moment planning on using any itouch/phone....not that I wouldn't later. I just mean out of the box normal use, does the TQi have issues staying bound, and or range problems?

They did for a bit, but I think it was a manufacturing defect that has been worked out.
    Good thing about Traxxas: They stand behind what they sell.
    If there is an issue, I believe they will take care of it.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Like Jimmie said, there were a few problems but I think traxxas has hammered everything out. I just got the new TQi myself and I like it. Although, just me being picky, I like the older transmitter because the weight was balanced out a little better, but that's just a picky thing. It's your choice!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E