RC Enthusiast

Thread Tips and tricks for high speed drifting/ all surfaces Rally/ Gymkhana driving

What are your tips and tricks for high speed drifting/ all surfaces Rally and Gymkhana setup?

A compromis, so far i'm using now this setup:

Swaybars: silver rear, black front

Springs and shocks: standard/ standard oil

For all surface use and jumps I wanted more ride height:
    Shock spacers front: 8mm, rear 4mm+ 8mm

Wheels and tires: standard

Geometry: standard settings

I wanted more torque and control and had some parts I could use (temperatures combo: about 35 degrees celsius):
    ESC: Sidewinder SCT
    Brushless: ******* 4-pole 2100kv 4064 size
    3s lipo

Body: proline rally, body posts on highest position

Share your tips and tricks for high speed drifting/ all surfaces Rally and Gymkhana setup!

RC Champion
    How is the sidewinder sct holding up? isn't that rated for only 2s in a car that bid? I would hit thermal shutdown running the sidewinder sct in my rusty running 3s.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast

Sidewinder SCT

I didn't like the sct/1410 combo at all in use in a slash 4x4, running hot at 2s with almost standard gearing, no big difference with the vxl. I've got the ******* and thougt let's blow the SCT esc. But is working fine on
    3s, the motor and the ESC are reaching a just warm temperature of 35 degrees celsius (maybe in the summer it's needing a blower, ouside temp is around 10 degrees). Maybe ít's because of the lower kv's and is the 18/54 very mild for this motor. The speed is holding up to 2s VXL slash 4x4 bud with lots and lots of torque, almost at any speed while accalerating you can get wheelspin, also on high grip surfaces (carpet or tarmec). Just what you wan't for Rally/ Gymkhana.