RC Competitor

Had a stack, now rear wheel wobbles...

Hi All,

just had a high speed stack with my Slayer Pro and it did a few cart wheels down the asphalt road, now i notice one of the rear wheels has a wobble about it, just like you see lorry's from time to time.

I'm assuming I don't need to adjust the toe in or out, but I have no idea what is bent/broken to cause the tyre to do this.... any suggestions on what to look at? I don't want to leave it like this as i think it will cause the tyre to scrub out early.

Cheers
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Competitor
    My first thought would be the axle/driveshaft...

RC Competitor
    I just uploaded a vid of the axle spinning... does it look bent to anyone??? hard to tell with vibration of car and camera...

http://youtu.be/jXSqM--d7CU
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

You should check and see if the rear tie rod popped off the ball joint. I had the same problem you had, and it looks like the tie rod popped off.

EDIT: Never mind, I just watched the video, it looks like you could have bent, or damaged a bearing. If that's not it, check and see if you bent the driveshaft. Or, maybe in a extreme case, you could have damaged the wheel hex. Try swapping parts off of a un-damaged axle, and find out what parts you can swap out could make the problem stop. Good luck, Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Try swapping parts off of a un-damaged axle, and find out what parts you can swap out could make the problem stop. Good luck, Hope this helps!
    I dont know why I didnt think of this, but that sounds like a darn good spot to start... swapping bits out one by one.

Cheers for that!
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

I did this recently to my eSlayer...it turns out I deformed the rim around the axle...I managed to straighten out as best I could but I think the rim is now weak and the wobble easily comes back after a stack.
    Rock n Rolla !