RC Qualifier

I got one! I got one!

And the day has finally come where I can join this awesome group of Summit enthusiasts. I got one! Its used, but its mine and its green!
    I have been a lurker in this forum for a while, just waiting to get my hands on one of these beasts. And now I have it! I have a bit of experience with nitro, but this is my first electric RC and I am stoked! I have read and re-read alot of threads on this forum, there is a tremendous amount of information and alot of really helpful folks, so I'm happy to join the community.
    Hello to everyone! I hope everyone is having some fun out there with your trucks. I know I soon will!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Switchblade View Post
    And the day has finally come where I can join this awesome group of Summit enthusiasts. I got one! Its used, but its mine and its green!
    I have been a lurker in this forum for a while, just waiting to get my hands on one of these beasts. And now I have it! I have a bit of experience with nitro, but this is my first electric RC and I am stoked! I have read and re-read alot of threads on this forum, there is a tremendous amount of information and alot of really helpful folks, so I'm happy to join the community.
    Hello to everyone! I hope everyone is having some fun out there with your trucks. I know I soon will!
    Congrats and enjoy! Do you ha e LiPo or NiMh batteries?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Excellent color choice. Yellow will always crawl the best, but green is a very very close second (note: I started with a yellow lid, now I have green one)

his grace's recent thread has ALOT of good info on what a new summit owner should look over on their truck. Its worth a read to get you started.

Welcome to the addiction
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Welcome to the Summit group! Looks like you got the best color. Your lucky you can use your Summit. I have a green TQI Summit, but it's locked up in it's box until Christmas.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the welcome pavementsurfer. I've been reading hisgraces thread and yes, there is a lot of good info on it. I only have the stock 3000Nimhs, they are on the charger at the moment. As soon as they are charger i will go over the truck and make sure things are working how they are supposed to. There's ALOT to read here....a bit of a debate between reading/learning and going out to test it!
    LiPos and a quality charger are on the list. My ESC doesn't have the LVC so LVAs are going on the list as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    a bit of a debate between reading/learning and going out to test it!
    No debate... go run it. Best plan for sure.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    the summit is one of the best go-anywhere suv monster truck
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    No debate... go run it. Best plan for sure.
    Right on!!

And welcome aboard. Great group out here for sure!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    Right on!!

And welcome aboard. Great group out here for sure!
    speaking of groups, you can join truckers. and ps: have fun with it

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Welcome aboard
    Charge those batteries and play !!
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC Champion
    welcome.
    i also have a green one, and love it. took mine on a few fishing trips. nothing can stop it. welcome to the forum, and as mentioned if you got a problem. heres the place to ask. alot of these members that have been on here for a long time will know exactly whats wrong. they all sure help me. thanks everyone. peace, and good luck
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    doh", i didnt mean to double post.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks everyone! I've been reading this forum for a few months now and I can tell the camaraderie that exists amongst Summit enthusiasts is second to none. There are alot of very friendly and knowledgeable members here. Thanks in advance for all the answers to the questions that I will undoubtly have in the future. I guess the Summit brings out the best in all of us!
    Batteries are charging, can't wait!
    1 Summit = fun
    2(or more) Summits = LOADS of fun
    Anyone near Canmore, AB?

Nice...I love my Summit; I have loads of fun with it .
    Rock n Rolla !

Again, welcome! Here's the thing: except for maybe Wolfslash16's truck, ALL of our Summits are used and some used much harder than yours seems to have been. You are right in saying these guys are an awesome group. It's hard not to be when the reason for them getting together is the best RTR extreme-terrain vehicle ever produced. These guys will jump through hoops to help when you hit a wall (literally or figuratively.) And then you have the nutz (in the best sense of the word) who take these machines and just blow the boundaries away with their extensive mods and give us all something to shoot for or at least drool over.
    Thanks for introducing yourself. Now go follow pavmentsurfer's advice.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    congrats on the summit. you will enjoy it!!

RC Qualifier
    ...and since I think I've been a good boy this year....Merry Christmas to me!

Now, if I can convince the wife that she should get me some LiPos...we're all set!
    Merry Christmas to all Summit lovers out there!

RC Qualifier
    i want one now, but we dont have the money for it

...and since I think I've been a good boy this year....Merry Christmas to me!

Now, if I can convince the wife that she should get me some LiPos...we're all set!
    Merry Christmas to all Summit lovers out there!
    Take a fools advise, ditch that squid and just buy the individual charge leads you do need.
    Much better for charging. Especially if you are going to be powering up that balance board.

Nice setup other wise, welcome to the Summit Club
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Had you seen these before. Would had gone great with that charger. Nice buy regardless, I need to buy a good charger myself.

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...h-traxxas.html
    Tekin powered Summit

According to the link
    "The board is already wired in parallel, all you need to do is plug your batteries' charge and balance connectors to the board - ensuring that all the batteries are the same cell count. Each board can charge up to six batteries, from 2S up to 6S, at up to a 30A charge rate."

So what happens if and when you make a mistake in your "ensuring"?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    Had you seen these before. Would had gone great with that charger. Nice buy regardless, I need to buy a good charger myself.

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...h-traxxas.html
    Thanks Jimmy, had not seen one with TRX connectors. That is a nice board, however, the one I got can handle 60A and shipping was free. Small advantage when buying within Canada. I'm always reluctant to buy from across the border, customs, shipping, etc. kinda make it a bit of a hassle.
    I guess I will have to 'ensure' that I don't make a mistake while 'ensuring' that all the batteries are the same count....tricky stuff. I can 'ensure' you that I need more coffee this morning.
    Merry Christmas!

I only mention that because I blew a 40A fuse on a FMA charge cable by not "ensure"ing. It cost me the replacement fuse plus the time to solder it in line. Had there not been a fuse on each cable the damage would likely have extended to the lower cell count battery.

So the question at hand: Is the board fuse-protected?

RC Enthusiast
    congrats on the summit! i think used it is a good pick, let you have extra money to buy the add on parts you want!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I only mention that because I blew a 40A fuse on a FMA charge cable by not "ensure"ing. It cost me the replacement fuse plus the time to solder it in line. Had there not been a fuse on each cable the damage would likely have extended to the lower cell count battery.

So the question at hand: Is the board fuse-protected?
    Thanks for the heads up ksb, I checked the board and it has a 40A fuse.

I will have a look at the progressive Rc one when I get home
    Don't believe there is a fuse that I saw..

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I got mine from Great Hobbies and it has an extra T-plug to power a second/third parallel board so you can charge up to 18 batteries! (if you have the juice to make them go of course). I really need to read the manual again, there is ALOT more stuff with this kind of charger than you typical 'cooker'. I haven't really had time to do much other than stare at it in between the turkey and the merlot. Maybe tomorrow.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Welcome to the Summit group! Looks like you got the best color. Your lucky you can use your Summit. I have a green TQI Summit, but it's locked up in it's box until Christmas.
    I've heard that the RED color is the best!.

I got mine from Great Hobbies and it has an extra T-plug to power a second/third parallel board so you can charge up to 18 batteries! (if you have the juice to make them go of course). I really need to read the manual again, there is ALOT more stuff with this kind of charger than you typical 'cooker'. I haven't really had time to do much other than stare at it in between the turkey and the merlot. Maybe tomorrow.
    Watch this videos about lipos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXo-cw7xxOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwoEEbFo_co