RC Racer

new to this have question

Just want to say alot has changed since I used to run my rustler around (last time I had this thing running LiPo wasn't around.)

I am looking at LiPo batteries and had a question about the C rating I see on the packs, it is my understanding that this letter represents the discharge rating, is this correct?

Also if that is the case is this the continous rate or the max (pulse) rate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybobb View Post
    Just want to say alot has changed since I used to run my rustler around (last time I had this thing running LiPo wasn't around.)

I am looking at LiPo batteries and had a question about the C rating I see on the packs, it is my understanding that this letter represents the discharge rating, is this correct?

Also if that is the case is this the continous rate or the max (pulse) rate.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Try this to understand the c rating . mike-susieq1 posted this alot of good info, https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...arging-how-tos
    1 Rusty VXL

It is the continuous rate of the individual cells, not the entire pack.

Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    Try this to understand the c rating . mike-susieq1 posted this alot of good info, https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...arging-how-tos
    Now that we know C and how to calculate the charge rate for the 2200 3s pack, lets expand on the uses for C and figure out the maximum continuous discharge rating, or maximum amps. Say the above 2200mAh pack is rated at 25C/40C. This means that the continuous discharge rating of the pack is 25C and the burst rating is 40C.
    Except that it is wrong, but more in the nature of being a mis-speak than a mistake. C-rating relates to cells, not packs.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =