RC poster

nitro stampede wont run

I have a stampede nitro with a trx pro. 15 engine. I went on the internet and found the factory carb settings since my engine would not run. And set the carb to factory settings and now it still wont run. Am i doing something wrong or is there a trick to geting this started? I have a pull start.and im running 20 percent fuel should i try different fuel? Or what?

did you set your idle screw? and set low speed needle/high as well? check to make sure you dont have a leak in the tank and a brand new glow plug. make sure your glow ignitor is fully charged fresh off the charger ok.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Make sure the whole engine is sealed and not leaking. Mike nailed the rest of it. Fuel shouldn't be your problem unless it is really old. Take the glow plug out, and make sure it works with the igniter.
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Enthusiast
    how's your weather? if its cold out you may have to richen you HSN to get it to fire

RC poster
    I know its been a while but I started messing with it and got it to run after playing with the carb for a bit. I drove it in my front yard a little and decided to punch it well it wentt, But I lost control and it decided to keep going, ran through one ditch across the road into my neibors yard and into a tree at 3/4 throttle and flipped landed rubber down and motor still running at 3/4 throttle but not moving I ran over to it and the motor was smoking and I shut the motor off. Got it back and it would not turn over I looked at the clutch and it came apart and I could move the flywheel back and forth on the shaft by hand. Dose anybody have a break down of the clutch Assembly.

RC Racer
    Last edited by StixXxJaTo88; 04-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Jato 3.3 Pede 2.5R Rusty 3.3

RC poster
    well i took the motor apart and found some chunks of metal and discovered it had thrown a rod and somehow chipped the bottom edge of the piston it was fun in the minute it lasted. i was talking to a friend and he has a buggy type nitro truck he will sell me.

stick a 2.5R in your pede great motor and plenty of power for the nitro pede i had one and man it was a monster. wish i had not sold it but had to fund my hobby.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    stick a 2.5R in your pede great motor and plenty of power for the nitro pede i had one and man it was a monster. wish i had not sold it but had to fund my hobby.
    Agree!!!!!!
    Jato 3.3 Pede 2.5R Rusty 3.3