RC Racer

capable voltage?

hey i just had a quick question. would the new tqi receiver be able to take 7.4v through my external bec? because i know my servo can. i am just not sure of the max voltage of the receiver.

RC Champion
    I know that a couple years ago people were saying Traxxas said never to put more than 6.5v through their receivers, so a 2S is a no no. Some people have run theirs at 7v for a couple months and said nothing but their servos broke heh. It's up to you, but know that Traxxas has been quoted saying not to put more than 6.5v through.

I currently run my receiver while testing off a 3S (11.1v) but I have my Castle BEC set to 5 or 6v so the receiver only sees that.

RC Racer
    ok thanks good to know. now i know what kind of torque i will actually be getting once im set up right.

RC Racer
    sorry about this but one more question. does increased voltage in either the transmitter or receiver increase the range at all?

RC Champion
    No, the range is preset - usually no more than 100mW or so, I'm still not sure what Traxxas remotes are.