Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    You have to keep in mind that most LiPo packs are delivered in the 50% to 60% State-of-Charge range, therefore the first charge cycle would be much faster than charging a pack from near empty.
    Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. I still haven't been able to see what a full charge is. My son and I were out with the truck yesterday and spent quite awhile driving it and it only dropped to 3.8V!!!! I was amazed at how long we drove it! So I really don't know the exact charge time from 3.4V to full charge.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    OK guys, after doing some more research and talking to some friends, I might have a potential plan here. I really would like a quad charger, but I don't see that as an option. There is, however, a dual charger that might do the trick. I am looking at the HYPERION 0720I DUO 3. I am OK spending the money on a decent charger, but I also want the convenience of charging more than one pack at a time. This one kinda splits my requirements down the middle. So my next question would be, what PS do I need?? Where can I buy (or have one made)? I still do not like the idea of having all the bulk of the base charger and extra PS, but if that is the only option, then so be it.

http://www.amazon.com/HYPERION-0720I...I3BSSMOU4V6AKH
    That is a decent charger...

To cover the power supply, which is still needed after the above linked charger is bought; a very good reliable 12v 41a 492w power supply can be had for less than $15... you can up that to a 24v 41a 984w for about $20. An iCharger 206B is capable of 20 amps and is available for $120ish. An iCharger 3010B is capable of 30 amps and is available for $180ish.

So, to recap:
    Power supply and above linked charger: $300
    Power supply and a 206: $140-150
    Power supply and two 206's: $260-280
    Power supply and a 3010: $200
    Power supply and two 3010's: $380

The reason most high powered chargers do not include a power supply: cost.
    Purpose built power supplies that provide what these chargers need are expensive... $300+. The only reason we can get supplies for cheaper is due to our creativity and the ability to use retired server power supplies, which can be bought for fractions of pennies on the dollar compared to what they cost to build new.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Just an update. I was able to return the Onyx charger that I bought and I ordered a Hyperion DUO charger and a 24V, 1000W power supply. I think I will be very happy with the setup. Pics after I get everything delivered.

Thank you to all for the suggestions, ideas, and opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    ... and a 24V, 1000W power supply...
    Someone made it for you or you bought a purpose-built one?
    I picked these up tonight. They'll likely be made into two PSUs with those exact specs.

(I think I have the conversion sickness.)
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Someone made it for you or you bought a purpose-built one?
    I picked these up tonight. They'll likely be made into two PSUs with those exact specs.

(I think I have the conversion sickness.)
    No, it was made for me. I need to do some reading on how to make them because I can get PSU's at work for nothing. They are mostly server ones too because that's what we work on.

I just couldn't pass up the deal I got on it.