RC Qualifier

Is this a servo problem

So I finally had time to get my Revo 3.3 out and give it a good run. I took it over to the community center near my home which has a huge parking lot and baseball field. This was the first time I have been able to open er up and actually hit 2nd gear. Running it all over the place was awesome.

Heres my problem. After about 2 tanks of fuel it started to turn on its own, only really half responding to my controls (even within good range 10ft). Then the gas servo started to do the same thing. I thought the battery was just getting dead. So I took it home and charged it. After the charge the throttle will not respond well to the trigger, but steering works normal. The grass I was running the truck through was wet so maybe the servo got wet and was effected ??? When I have power to the Tx/Rx the throttle servo kind of surges and doesnt respond to the trigger at all now. I havent had time to swap it out, but does this sound like a water problem ? Btw this is an AM Tx/Rx that hasnt acted this may prior.

RC Champion
    Sounds like your reciever got wet. heres what you do. Just take the reciever out, take it apart (Take the casing off) and let it sit and dry out for awhile. (maybe half a day to a day). After that put it back in and it should work fine again.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC poster
    could be the opti-drive went to fail safe mode.just reset.

RC Qualifier
    How do you reset the Opti-Drive ?

Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    So I finally had time to get my Revo 3.3 out and give it a good run. I took it over to the community center near my home which has a huge parking lot and baseball field. This was the first time I have been able to open er up and actually hit 2nd gear. Running it all over the place was awesome.

Heres my problem. After about 2 tanks of fuel it started to turn on its own, only really half responding to my controls (even within good range 10ft). Then the gas servo started to do the same thing. I thought the battery was just getting dead. So I took it home and charged it. After the charge the throttle will not respond well to the trigger, but steering works normal. The grass I was running the truck through was wet so maybe the servo got wet and was effected ??? When I have power to the Tx/Rx the throttle servo kind of surges and doesnt respond to the trigger at all now. I havent had time to swap it out, but does this sound like a water problem ? Btw this is an AM Tx/Rx that hasnt acted this may prior.
    I get the same type of response when I have a receiver pack that got a false peak charge or had a bed cell in it not holding a proper charge.....

I'd try some fresh batts in the receiver first....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    ^^^ This may be very true. I tried a different Tx/ Rx and two different servos without any change. So I should try a new Rx battery ? I'll have to go buy one as its pack set-up and not just AA's. Its been covered in tape since I got the truck, what is the battery type /size I should get ?
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    Anyone got any ideas ?

RC Competitor
    Ive always used the 6 volt venom hump pack. Under $20. Ur LHS mite have them. I get mine on ebay
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Qualifier
    Does that make sense for the servos to be surging like that due to the battery ? Wish I had a spare to test instead of replacing it not knowing

RC Competitor
    Did u try replacing crystals? If the battery is bad it can do it. My tmaxx was doin the same thing and i replaced the servos an reciever an its all good now.

RC Qualifier
    I dont know what crystals are ? I tried a different Rx and 2 different servos and a different Tx.

RC Competitor
    u said u have the old AM style radio an reciever right? on the back of the radio towards the bottom there is like a little square door. u can pull that out an the crystal is in it. an there is one on top of receiver. the crystals have two little prongs on the end that plug into radio an reciever and are also color coded. i know i have red an green ones. and there also coded TX or RX.

RC Qualifier
    Turned out to be the battery. In my box of spares I had an AA battery pack, put new batts in and it works perfect so Ill get another pack