anyone ever do an lcg monster truck 2wd slash?

i was making a list of some future upgrades and some of them include a protrac suspension. trencher x tires and i was wondering if anyone has ever done something similar with an lcg of some sort? strc, prolines new one, or anything of that sort.

thanks
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

I wouldn't do a mt with a proline pro-2 chassis
    Crank up your shocks with preload clips and you should be ok. The strc is what I would use if anything
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    what exactly is the point? Monster trucks are not supposed to sit low, they're all about ground clearance and big tall suspension setups, etc. A bit counterintuitive to begin a MT project with a lowering kit... Unless you're simply wanting strength and weight reduction, then you're not going to improve much from stock in those areas anyways.

only reason i thought about doing the pro 2 chassis is because big squid did a review on it and it handles just as good as any other chassis and is tougher. ive seen in person how hard they bash and they are not easy on there rigs. so if it can stand up to what they do then it will be strong enough for me. heres the review for anyone who wants to read it.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/pro-line-p...ew/#more-33359

but i remembered the pro 2 doesnt offer a spot to mount the rx with box and that concerns me not having a water proof rx. so if i do go with any sort of lcg it will probably be strc for use of stock traxxas parts with it.

as for the point............ well i love the look of the mt but im not sure if i would go as far longer shocks and all that stuff. i will do the pro trac kit and the trenchers for sure which will give me a slightly taller stance. then i want there new true scale raptor body with it. but if i do go with longer shocks then the point of it would be to simply put the main weight lower (the battery) so that i dont traction flip as much. thats the sole purpose really. but i will do the tires and protrac first to see how much that helps. if i still have a big problem then i will look into the lcg. since ground clearance isnt really my issue for my terrain.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    A review from Big Squid carries about as much weight as the sell sheet from ProLine themselves. Under typical MT use, the Pro2 chassis would not last a day in my hands.

If you put MT tires on an LCG'd Slash, you did not make a Monster Truck. You made a 2wd truggy. I don't see the point.

Well Dr. Isotope,it's clear from reading your posts,your a very intelligent man.
    It does my heart good to know um not the only one capable of seeing pro line for what it is.
    Over rated,Over priced,and untruthful to people about their products.
    A racing trans with MOLDED PLASTIC GEARS!
    Id rather have a noisy steal geared trans,than a junk quieter plastic geared trans.With such poor tolerances, you cant snug the case together without it binding.
    Are entire race crew has band pro line.
    Might be just 122 guys,but um sure others will follow before long.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    Kinda harsh criticism man, they've been in business a long time...

I turned my chuckworks oval racer into an mt for a couple of weeks of bashing, before I hacked up the chassis to LTO:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-as-it-gets...

I really liked it alot.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

RC Qualifier
    Well, you get a pass for an LCG MT because it's mid-motor. Mid-motor makes everything better. If I could figure out how to do a mid-motor HCG MT without bodging the whole rear end together, I'd do it right now.

I started a mid motor build with a pede chassis, but lost interest. If I had more time and machining resources, would have not been too hard to complete:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ede-project...

The pics of the mid engine stuff starts at post 30
    Whats in my wallet?

Now I get what you mean... The pede project was extended. With the slash, you would have to cut the bottom out of the back of the chassis to get it to work.
    Whats in my wallet?