Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@HPL View Post
    any updates?.....have you made any 132ft runs?.....
    Unfortunatly not. I was prepped and ready early Sunday morn. No luck with wind dying down to even a slow roar though. I'm still aggrivated at the fact I wasent even able to make some sort of hit at all....,,, 82.5 1/2 track hits or anything. The location where I run was covered in dirt on asphalt. Drove around for 3 hrs looking for another location. Just nothing with anytype of wind block whatsoever. GEEZE!!!

I'm ready to rock though. Just reload trailer and hit it!!! I expect to run this sat or Sunday though.

I will post vids ASAP.

Bswift
    FASTEST "recorded/proven" JATO'S-3.3 AND Big block

RC Racer
    yea mother nature gets the last say sometimes...lol... try to do a few 132ft passes if you can!...I would like to compare a little...especially considering your elevation.
    Last edited by Jack@HPL; 12-18-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/RCDrags

RC Racer
    Heres my 165ft time:

RC Qualifier
    Ok guys, update!!! I've knocked 3 tenths off my car in 165ft since last post!! For those of u without a calculator, this means im in the 2 second range with a car weighing in at over 5.2 lbs!!! not to mention a stock 3.3 with stock pipe and header. No, i have not drilled the stinger or anything yet. "Yet"being the question. Lol. I have vid but, waiting to do more testing without crazy winds. I'm just doin what I can at sub 4000ft elevation.
    I LOVE THIS THING!!

Bswift

RC Racer
    thats great!...what mph were you seeing?....time slip?

RC Qualifier
    Not a bad R/T EITHER!! Lol.

Bswift

RC Racer
    man that is such a slow MPH for a 165 ft run....lol...im trapping 4-5mph faster in 132ft!!....you must be running completely out of gear.....what is your MPH in 132 ft?...

RC Qualifier
    That's when the motor was still pretty tight. I clocked 54.55 mph this past weekend. I'm still playing with these worn foams. They re only 3.83" diameter. Testing a number of different items on combination. Couldn't change tire height or gear until testing was done. Done with it now so, I can move on to speeding this baby up a little.

RC Racer
    yea a rubber tire will get you in the 60mph range!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bswift View Post
    Ok guys, update!!! I've knocked 3 tenths off my car in 165ft since last post!! For those of u without a calculator, this means im in the 2 second range with a car weighing in at over 5.2 lbs!!! not to mention a stock 3.3 with stock pipe and header. No, i have not drilled the stinger or anything yet. "Yet"being the question. Lol. I have vid but, waiting to do more testing without crazy winds. I'm just doin what I can at sub 4000ft elevation.
    I LOVE THIS THING!!

Bswift

My latest run with my RLC JATO conversion kit. Shows a significant improvement from previous runs. I retained stock pipe, header, and carb.

Changes made are as follows.

I removed easy start assembly and changed stall speed on clutch.

http://youtu.be/IItT2UYJpnQ

Bswift

RC Qualifier
    You guys are cruel I'm foaming at the mouth to test and try mine. I'm hoping soon. It might be time for a raod trip That 2.97 pass was awesome realy straight down threw the lights
    Quote Originally Posted by bswift View Post
    My latest run with my RLC JATO conversion kit. Shows a significant improvement from previous runs. I retained stock pipe, header, and carb.

Changes made are as follows.

I removed easy start assembly and changed stall speed on clutch.

Bswift

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    You guys are cruel I'm foaming at the mouth to test and try mine. I'm hoping soon. It might be time for a raod trip That 2.97 pass was awesome realy straight down threw the lights
    Lol!! I really enjoy living where winters are mild. I'm just as anxious as u to see your creation run.

Thanx btw. Thier is some suspension tuning involved to make my car track that straight but, not much at all really. The car itself just WORKS really well.
    I need to give the guys at RLC hobbies credit for this one. Lol.

I'm hoping to make some more hits this weekend. Maybe I can hunt some low 2.90's or just maybe a 2,8? Down. That would be awsome!!

Bswift

RC Qualifier
    Mild temps for winter but, high winds yesterday. No running.

RC Qualifier
    Been busy with family and work lately. Didn't realize I haven't posted a link to this vid yet. Lol just a little update.
    I did remove easy start but, retained stock pipe header and carb. Saw a significant drop in et from the 3.2? range. Engine at this point only has just under 1qt in her.

I feel like a simple carb change and pipe mod should put me in the 2.8 range pretty easy. Who knows,although I'm already blown away by the performance of this sportsman car and 3.3, I might even get a stock traxxas 3.3 into the 2.7's in 165ft at 4000ft elevation with simple bolt ons. Now that would b sick!!!!

Bswift

RC Qualifier
    It say funny car sand drag build weres the Sand? I guess you didn't make it yet. I see your having way to much fun on the asphault. That last pass you made was sick. It looked better then any electric funny car pass I have seen so far. How fast did it go? I didn't see any were you posted it. Man that thing goes straight and fast
    Last edited by slayer17; 03-19-2013 at 08:45 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Ohhhh you have to watch that video to the end to find out what you ran, lol wich I did not do the first time. That is impressive a 2.97 in the 165ft @ 4000 feet elevation with a total stock 3.3. I would love to see what some more hp would do. Port that thing, lets get some Hp out of that 3.3 and let her rip

RC Qualifier
    Nice build! I wanna see it in the sand
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s