RC Racer

Slash 4x4 Monster Truck (XO-1 axle/Protrac fitment)

This is my sl4sh MT. Mamba Monster 2200kv combo, Proline Toyota Land Cruiser body, Proline Protrac kit, XO-1 axles, hubs and adapters, Proline extended body mounts, Proline Badlands on Proline 1/2 offset 3.8 Desperados, Robinson Racing Gen3 slipper, STRC bellcrank, Hitec 646wp High voltage waterproof servo, LST2 rear bumper, RPM towers(both fronts from street setup), E Revo brushless GTR shocks, Kingheadz motor mount, Traxxas motor plate.

For those of you who have been wondering...
    The XO-1 axle splines are only making about 30% contact inside the female end of the shafts when using the Protrac kit.

Although the axle splines are not making full contact, they are holding up pretty good so far. I've ran maybe 2 or 3 5S packs thru it so far. Im planning on getting some running video later on today. until then, heres a walk-around vid of it for now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSK2j...3&feature=plcp

RC Champion
    Nice ride man.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Nice ride man.
    Thanks, I had this setup for street but picked up a Kyosho Inferno GT2 VE. So I deceided to turn it into a MT. Planing on running it in the snow but we all know how "waterphobic" these mamba monsters are. Im gonna try to wait for Castle to release the waterproof Mamba Monster but have no idea how long that might be.

RC Qualifier
    if you dont mind my asking, where did you pick up those shafts at, and how much?
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post
    if you dont mind my asking, where did you pick up those shafts at, and how much?
    I dont mind at all. If your referring to the XO-1 axles, I picked them up on fleebay a few months back for just under a hundred bucks for the 4 of them

RC Qualifier
    ouch... alotta cash to drop down on drive shafts (and yes, i was refferring to the xo-1 shafts lol)
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Racer
    Had a bearing failure last week so I was unable to get a running vid. But I ordered up a full set of Avid Revolution bearings and got them all installed yesterday. Also, while it was torn down, I upgraded the diff cups to the E-Maxx ones (#3978). Man this thing is smooth as butter now! Glad I ordered a complete set of bearings for the whole truck cuz a few of the others I took out were feeling a bit notchy. Point is shes all ready for a running vid now but my camera was stolen last week along with my Inferno GT2 VE which had a MMM 2200 combo, 1258tg, 5s lipo, etc...about $1000 in the car alone. Plus he took my futaba 4pl, two other lipos, my hex wrench for the 17mm's, and a bunch of pinions that werent even for the gt2. And to top it off, he put it all in my tote bag and rode off on his bike!!! Good thing is I kinda knew who did it and the cops went to his house and sure enough, he had it. Only prob I have now is the cops still have it because its evidence now. They said I should be able to get it back soon because the kid is a minor (16) and the court process shouldnt drag on for to long... God I hope not, Im worried about my lipos because they were all charged up ready to go and not at their storage voltage